What are the best entry level integrated amps and speakers?

My daughter just got a new place and wants to upgrade her Best Buy based stereo system.  She is only interested in two channel stereo (good for her).  I told her if you're willing to get used equipment of high quality you'll get a better system like I did (Krell, Ayre, Revel).  We are looking for an integrated amp and speakers.  The amp should put out 75-100 watts.  She has enough room for floor standing speakers or something smaller.  So far I have researched NAD and Outlaw for amps and PSB for speakers.  What would you recommend?  I think the budget will be $1,000-1,500.

Thanks for your input.

128x128pipebro
Pipebro...It is always easy to recommend what each of us likes, but..............What is wanting her to upgrade ? What does she want more of / What does she seem to be missing ( imaging, coherence, neutral tone, dynamics, etc. ? What music does she favor ? What is her listening room like ? What are her sources ? Any shared walls / floors / ceiling. Sorry for my snartiness, but I need this information when helping people. Her e ya go.....Klipsch Heresy IIIs.
By all means don't purchase an amp and speakers without auditioning them in person, if that's possible. I'm sure you would advise your daughter about that. Some amps and some speakers match up well and others do not.
Here's a first hand example....
I used to use a HK receiver with a pair of Klipsch monitors. Those speakers weren't the lower of the Klipsch line but their top Reference series. The sound was OK but I decided to upgrade. I purchased a NAD integrated (C375BEE) and connected the Klipsch speakers. Sounded like a thick blanket had been thrown over the speakers and sounded much worse than with the HK receiver.
Then went to my local audio store and auditioned my NAD amp with a pair of PSB Imagine B speakers. The improvement of sound was astounding. So, proper amp/speaker match ups are essential.

+4 NAD/PSB setup. If you can get a used NAD375BEE with used PSB Imagine T speakers (that might cost a wee bit more than $1500 but not much more), your daughter will be in high cotton. Floor standers that match well with the 375. My sons use this setup in their room. I confess that I go up there and listen when they are spinning the vinyl because it sounds pretty darn good.
So much of it is personal preference.  My bedroom system is a pair of B&W CDM2 Signatures I got on eBay for $350 and an old Arcam integrated amp I have had for 10 years or so.  I threw on some bulk Transparent Audio Labs wire I got a long time ago.  I guess they sold it for rear channels?  For $500 total system value, it sounds awesome.