Who has Luv for the Lyngdorf 2170 and is thinking about the 3400.

Hello All,
I’m coming up on 40 yrs in this hobby,and or obsession of ours,and I started with a pair of Khorns and Macintosh at the age of 12 and Offcourse owned a ton of different gear over the yrs.
I bought a 2170 a little more than 6 months ago and I enjoyed it so much that I quickly realized I don’t really need anything else,solid state,tubes,or even dac’s anymore.I could step off that silly merry go round of amplification and just enjoy music.I was able to utilize the extra money and time and put together a really great sounding network audio system that rivaled the best in analog that I have ever had,I was mainly a analog guy all of these yrs but finally gave it up,I even sold my longtime record collection of 3k records which included many Hot Stampers that I purchased and also several that I found on my own.

So who Luv’s the 2170 and is maybe also thinking about the new 3400.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.

kdude66
I have also had communication problems with HiFi, but only as much as delays. Not a huge deal, but 2 days in response times can be very frustrating. Especially when you’re eager to purchase new gear.

I will say that their trade-in policy is awfully generous, of course I was trading in almost new equipment. Helped me purchase my first 2170, which I could not have come close to affording at that time.

I did end up selling my 2nd 2170, but made the decision to jump off the Lyngdorf wagon for the time being, and am not pursuing the 3400. Just too expensive for my budget.
I would say that the 2170 and probably the 3400 need around 250 hrs to be at their very best,mainly related to the wonderful soundstage that they can deliver being truthful to the individual recordings.

Enjoy,
Kenny.
grannyring,

That’s some really good customer service on Lyngdorf’s part In sending you what you need to fix your display.
Please keep us updated on how it all works out.

Kenny.
@mofojo 

I originally wanted to try the 3400, but even after selling the 2170 I'm not even close to being able to afford one.

I could have sold off some speakers, but I decided to take the opportunity to try something I've had my eye on for a while... so I went with a Micromega M-100 instead.