Room placement for Lawrence Audio double bass speakers.

Hello all,
I bought a demo pair of the Double bass speakers and I’m curious if anybody else in our Audiogon community has these speakers and looking for some starting points in room placement,most specifically the Rake angle of the unusual shaped front baffle.Also would like some recommendations for footers and or stands instead of the standard spikes that the speakers come with.
My room size is 12x25x9 with speakers placed on the long wall and no corners that are even close,the right hand speaker is 8ft away from corner and the left hand speaker is close to our open kitchen on that side of the room.Also the room has all carpet but will be changed to tile and a center rug in the next couple of yrs.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.
kdude66
Damon,
I agree the rear firing ribbon is a great addition to the LA speakers and really does open up the whole spatial sense for the better.IMO.

I took a look at your system page and really like the look of your Violin speakers tucked in there,just a really sexy looking speaker that I have no doubt you really enjoy.

I’m not really into the Audiogon system pages but if you look on this thread you will see pics of mine.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=156505.0

Enjoy the music,
Kenny.

I don't have any experience with these particular speakers but speakers that are ported at the bottom in general sound better when placed on a solid platform as opposed to carpet. Using something like a large ceramic tile could be a cheap way to experiment. 
Yes,I have them up on 1.5 inch solid oak platforms,I had to wait about a wk till they showed up.

I should have clarified,but these speakers are ported on each side very near the bottom of the speaker and not directly on the bottom.
But they do need some breathing room and I can’t detect any port noise at all like I’ve heard from other speakers in the past.

Kenny.