What is an excellent power cable?

Looking for a high quality power cable. Anyone recommend anything? Also, is a quality power distributor important as well? 
xenon
I have tried literally hundreds and hundreds of different cables.  I have to agree with the above comments about the Pangea AC cables.  These are the only ones that I liked better before they broke in.  After break-in, slow, dark, thick, colored, muddy.

Some of us use the Signal Cable Magic Power Cable.  Very inexpensive and a wonderful full, open, quick sound.  Very balanced all around.  Save your money and buy these and LOTS of music.  That's what it's all about anyway...

http://signalcable.com/power_cables.html
Triode Wire Labs
are the most musical
and most affordable
using them on my Pass 60.8’s opened them up
and lowered the noise floor.
Although it looks more like a power conditioner than just a power cable, it's hard to fault the sound of a Core Power Tech 150, which Mark at CP sells occasionally for under $400, closer to $350.  I use one on the TRL DUDE preamp, and another to take power from my Synergistic Research QLS-6 strip to the Maestro outlet.  Each made a significant difference in the overall sound to more live and real. with detailed & organic sound.  To be honest, I haven't heard any of the really high cost PCs over $1000, but do have a Dynamic Design Spirit II that was $900 when I bought a demo from DD for $475 that powers my Modwright 5400 CD/SACD..  The CPT cords are much more real and involving sounding than it also.  I still like it enough to keep using it in my system.  It gets the benefit of the CPT-150 as all my front end components are run through the QLS-6 into the CPT-150.

Bob