New Processors passing HD Sound?

I recently acquired a pretty good Blue-Ray player (Sony s2000es) but am frustrated sound-wise since my Sunfire TG4 (or the TG5 for that matter) do not pass the new HD sound formats (DTS-HD, Dolby Digital-HD, etc.). Apparently the only way these formats can pass from the BR player is thru HDMI, which I will have hooked to my 1080p Hi-Def TV.
Does anyone know of a PROCESSOR (NOT a reciever - I want to use my own amp)that passes HDMI AND supports these new HD sound formats?
Thanks.
fplanner2000
11-29-07: Saki70
Can no one describe how these HD audio's differ from non HD audio ?

Is it just pulling the same ole thing from a new type of decoding system ?
I think I read a show report by Barry Willis in S'phile of an HD DVD with Dolby TrueHD played through an Onkyo HDMI 1.3a-compliant A/V receiver. Willis said it was the best surround sound he'd ever heard.

From what I understand, it comes down to lossy compression or the lack thereof. Std. Dolby Digital has pretty severe lossy compression in the surround channels. Std. DTS also has lossy compression, but less of it and sounds noticeably better than Dolby Digital. The new HD formats, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD have NO lossy compression in any of the 7.1 channels. I personally haven't heard that yet (I have a Toshiba HD DVD player, but have to use the downconverted DTS scheme sent over the Toslink), but according to Willis it's something to behold.
First, the report was by Wes Phillips. Barry Willis is no longer affiliated with Stereophile.

Second, the lossless version of dts is dtsHD-MA. The MA stands for master audio and is lossless. dtsHD (no MA) is less lossy than regular dts but not truly lossless.

Kal
Great info , I am learning !

Given that there appears to be a new Betamax/VHS war ie.
Bluray/HD-DVD , does one or more of these new HD audios get associated with a particular video type or are they universal ?

How many of the newer DVD's out today are produced in one of these new formats , both video and audio ? Does one of each type seem to be dominant ?

Thank you .
Bluray/HD-DVD , does one or more of these new HD audios get associated with a particular video type or are they universal ?

Both support Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD lossless. They each have different requirements on how the players handle them though - correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Blu-Ray titles are required to have Dolby Digital soundtracks, whereas HD-DVD players are required to transcode supported codecs to Dolby Digital if necessary.

That's all off the top of my head, though - I could be getting the details wrong.

How many of the newer DVD's out today are produced in one of these new formats , both video and audio ? Does one of each type seem to be dominant ?

The vast minority. Most Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs only have a standard Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus soundtrack. I'd ballpark that less than 10% of titles support lossless. Even fewer support 7.1.