High Fidelity Cables MC-0.5 Waveguide and Total Contact

There seems to be some kind of synergy going on with these two products. I have one MC-0.5 plugged into the wall duplex that feeds my system. When I got it initially, I was very pleased with the results. Later, when I decided to try Total Contact, the first thing I treated was the three prongs on the MC-0.5. Again, I was very happy with the further improvements I heard.

Recently, Tim Mrock, the inventor of TC, suggested I paint the outside of the MC-0.5 with it. At first I thought “Wow, that's kind of crazy!”, but Tim has not steered me wrong yet. I went ahead and painted it, in place, without removing it from the wall. I experienced an immediate and obvious increase in transparency and clarity. Initially, the top end was a little too lively, but that has settled down over a day or two, and I am now one happy camper 😀

I don't know how, or why, this works, but I am loving the results.

tommylion
Look, I have no beef with you guys. I just want to learn about the facts. It seems that in the field of HiFi there are the engineers and the sales people. Then there are people who just want to stir the pot for the sake of it. I am an engineer who deals with facts and figures. I'm not reading to many because people are not able to print them.
While I understand both sides of the debate I do find it interesting that this thread was started by the OP because he was sharing in his case the positive effect of TC on the MC-0.5's, who would have thought that would be effective?
Has anyone tried a total paint job of TC on their entire system ;-)!

Wrong forum. Please move to the TC one. Two dubious forums are enough.

Oh no, Geoff is here. Make that three dubious forums.

I know this is not for everyone, and there is certainly not a money back guarantee 😉 I started this thread mainly for the benefit of those who have who have an MC-0.5 (or several), some TC, and are up for a new adventure.