Tube Preamps.....

I am running 2 GFA 565 Musical Comcepts modded Amps with Vandersteen 2ce v2. I am looking for a good quality tube preamp. With or without a built in dac. Should I stick with shopping for a used Mac? Or should I look at others also. Suggestions? Like to keep it under $3000. Could stretch to 3500. Thanks for your input. 
128x128pstores
shrapnel, if that's what the tech at CJ told you then it must be true.  But I will add that I have owned the ET2, Classic and CT6 preamps (amongst other CJ models) and I will tell you for a fact that the design, parts and layout for these three preamps are completely different, as is the sound signature.  YMMV
@br3098 I see, I haven't so I will take your word for it. Either way, in my opinion, CJ gear is simply awesome.
Try to figure out what you want - lean, warm or lush?

+1 CJ is very good value not so good on resale if it doesn’t work for you. Mcintosh is a great classic sounding choice with good resale but higher priced because highly desirable - warm but not lush. VAC are lush but pricey. As Wolf mentioned, once you get a tube preamp then tube rolling can become an endless pursuit too...

I've had a McIntosh preamp, a Cary 6SN7-based preamp (selected over a CJ preamp), and now the LTA MZ2, also a 6SN7/12SN7 preamp. 

The MZ2 is far and away the best I've had, and a tube rolling funhouse.  You can tailor your tone preference with tube choice.