Not sure if the OP is asking for opinions or recommendations but either way the 535 was actually a better amp as compared to some of the higher power models like 545 or even 555. It is also more easily and cheaply upgradable. I've owned all three models (still own 555) and for moderate listening levels the 535 has a fuller and cleaner sound than the 545/555. 
Sorry gentlemen,but Thresholds were better in the day.
compared both many times back then and always picked the Lwr pwr ones for better overall sonics and build qualities.

Nelson pass is still a “Benchmark” for solid business practices and customer service,unlike some of the questionable companies of today that just come and go and don’t stay in business long term.

Happy Listening,
Kenny.
Back when Adcom was buying a lot of full page ads, I had the opportunity to use one for two weeks in my system alternating with my Mac 2105, which was pretty old even then. I can't recall which model, but it was well over 100 watts per channel. Anyway, the sound was thin, hashy in the treble, and overall not even comparable to the Mac. It still makes me wonder where all of the praise is coming from. At the time when they were popular, they were well priced amps for people who couldn't afford a higher end, higher powered amp.

I owned an original 535 ( as well as other Adcom models ), and purchased a series 2, which had many upgrades ( circuitry ), including better rca inputs, speaker binding posts ( and eliminating the speaker switching ), and to my knowledge, heavily biased to class a for the 1st several watts. I still have the series 2 in my amp collection. Working within its limitations, it is a very good amplifier, slightly dry, but very accurate, and has always run hot.