Nakamichi Cassette Decks

I would like to hear from anyone who can tell me if the Nakamichi decks are better than say a upper end Denon DRW 800A, And second is there a big dirrence in the way the different models sound in playback mode. I' thinking of buying a Nakamichi MR2
fleeceba
It really doesn't matter if the dealer is "trustworthy" - if the deck hasn't been restored, it's not going to play to spec. Find a deck with a solid reputation (from anywhere, working or not) and someone who can restore that brand / model. I just got my cosmetically-pristine Dragon back from Willy, and it is now an amazing performer. Yes, it cost about $700 to restore (and the same to procure it), but these mechanical beasts are 30-ish years old. Please note, these services are in high demand, and you should be prepared to sit in a 6 to 9-month queue.
@clio09 the 680 models have been mentioned by 1000zxl owners as the only deck that is similar to that sweet sound of the best deck Nakamichi ever made. Not the dragon not the cr7a or the zx9 but yep the 680 and zx model. 
A few really good decks mentioned here. I also have some that I have collected over the years, namely the BX150, BX300, LX5, Cassette Deck 1.5, and the original 1000 Tri-tracer.  Of these I like the sound ( in order of preference) of the 1000, LX5, then the BX300 and CD 1.5.  If you like the 70's retro look, then the sound (to my ears) of the 1000 Tri-tracer is hard to beat. It's a real heavy-weight and a tweeker's heaven.