Tips for warming up Rotel + B&W system?

I recently purchased Rotel Integrated amp and B&W 703's to pair with my broken-in Rotel 1072 DC player. I've only had the system for 2 weeks, but I can't notice any improvent, The broken-in system sounded very good in the store but at home it sounds cold, dry, sterile, with harsh highs. I find the more I listen, the less I want to listen, which only slows doen the breaking-in process. Are there any audiogoners who've had experience with taming overly trebly B&W's?
stuartk
JTgofish, Hammergjh: thanks for your comments. I hadn't thought to check whether the speakers are wired in or out of phase. Will do. As far as cd's go, my ears are painfully aware that cd's vary ridiculously in terms of quality. IMO, there's no excuse for labels to release crap!
Stuartk, First, let me make clear of one thing :I am not into bashing any products. I am looking for a product or products that produce sound as human as it can be. Now, some listeners do like bright ( transpatent term use by reviewers), some will like warm and little syrupy sound. Take it to another step, let talk about the soundstage. Some products will produce a huge and wide open but up-front soundtage. Some others will produce a deep per image ( again the term holographic often used by reviewers). The Rotel sound is like it or not, bright and harsh at the top end. It is engineered that way to produce the dymanic and a sense of having plenty of headroom. I have played with Rotel gears some 20 years ago and sold it to pawn shop since it did not know about Audiogon web-site to replace by Parasound pre/amp. Keeping the same pairs of speakers and the bright, offensive high disapeared. Is Parasound better than Rotel? I cannot answer that question without open a can of worms. All I can tell you is that, I re-visit the Rotel gears recently with the RDC 1072 and RA1060 but I have listed them for sale after a few weeks. My advise to you is to savage what you can and move on. Don't spend too much money on IC, PCs or Speaker cables with the Rotels,the sound will alter only at minimum. Remember, every hifi company has their own signature sound : Classe is warm but laid back, Krell is tight and punchy, Parasound is warm but a little grainy in the mid-range, Brighton is clean and bright....been there, done that for some 30 years, from mid-fi to ultra hi-end...none of them sound the same. I was trying to set up a small system with the Rotel for my bedroom and move my Krell gears to the den. I tried to going cheap route and I made the same mistake again by trying to cut the corner. Please read the reviews from Soundstage equipment reviews and Soundgood archive reviews and read carefully when you find the words : bright/ harsh/ sounstage forwarding...It is what it is . Cut your loss and learn a lesson that : when audition the gears bring your worst CDs and your best CDs. I myself find the brightness/ harshness is offensive and irritated. Do you ?
I had a RB 1050 with the RC 1070 and a NAD C525Bee driving a pair of B&W 705 and they did sound bright to me, however with wall treatment and feet tweaks the sound improved greatly. Trust me you will get rid off that harshness and gain more detail and imaging with the right room tweaks. In my experience although cd players sound different the room treatment is key. Try it yourself before spending another 2k on a new cd player. At the end if you are not satisfied get a entry level tube integrated and you will get sweeter highs and a more analog sound.

BTW I need a remote for my RCD 1072 someone has one for sale ?
Leave the system on and put a cd on continuos play when your not home. med volume. that will help break them in. Also room treatments help carpet , drapes, thick furniture, etc. you want more of a dead room sound wise. not live, echoey. clap your hands around the room listen for echos