Missing the forest for the trees

Something I've been reflecting about, of late. With time and experience, I've been pulling back trying to connect with and attempting to understand the larger picture.

Perhaps others have their unique stories and universal messages to share.

I request we keep the discussion positive and helpful. Thanks!
david_ten

Hi rar1

You said a mouthful. There is nothing like a great listening session or hearing about someone else’s.

Hi cj

Looks like alls good!

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

I think your title says it all, " Missing the forest for the trees." Myself included, so many of us continue to judge individual components(trees), as opposed to the system(forest). I submit the most fun, challenging and rewarding part of our hobby is to take individual components and combine them into a system that provides musical enjoyment. It's frustrating because with the vast amount of components and combinations available, I'm always curious about how to go to the next level within my financial means. Can I grow to be content with my system?
@rar1 , I hope that whatever it is that isn't coming together for you is only a temporary thing and that you get to enjoy your system much more. Enjoy the music. Tooblue

Recently I have endured a 9 week ordeal with severe ear infection. During this time tubes were placed in both ear drums. As such, For the past 7 weeks, frequencies under about 300hz have been about 20 db down, tinnitus has been so loud I can't sleep. I has been a terrifying experience and has given me pause to look at a much larger forest, that of our amazing stereophonic hearing capabilities. Over this time I have feared never returning to normal hearing and it has been terrifying and heartbreaking at times. Please one and all be grateful for the amazing gift of basic hearing and cherish music over systems and gear always.!!

It’s such a great hobby and so full of personal passion that many hobbyist become tied to their system as if it were alive (like a close friend).
I like that. A lot. I think we can all relate. Having said that, I appreciate the forest for the trees.

And @bensturgeion, I sincerely hope your condition improves. I have a mild case of tinnitus and can only imagine what you're going through.

All the best,
Nonoise