Missing the forest for the trees

Something I've been reflecting about, of late. With time and experience, I've been pulling back trying to connect with and attempting to understand the larger picture.

Perhaps others have their unique stories and universal messages to share.

I request we keep the discussion positive and helpful. Thanks!
david_ten

@david_ten 

I see your point and do agree with the peaceful purpose of listening to music, and sharing with others what makes it good for you.

Some share with more opinion than others but that's what makes us human. Equally we can ignore what we do not like and enjoy what we do like. I just love music, and I enjoy reading other people's experiences.

I also happen to enjoy (from afar) the jousting that occasions on the forum :)

AMG

It’s such a great hobby and so full of personal passion that many hobbyist become tied to their system as if it were alive (like a close friend). I have always been that way and enjoy each encounter like a kid at Christmas, I think most do. I also believe if we can open our minds up to the concept of our "whole" system instead of getting stuck on one part only, we allow ourselves to make a connection to a greater fellowship.

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

PS: I should probably add this from the point of view from someone who deals with listeners daily, tuning their systems. Most of the time that you see someone getting upset on forums it comes down to one reason "they haven’t done it yet". Assuming something in audio or only living off of theory hardly ever leads to a total successful listening experience. Each step we take only leads us to the next step and that means a lot of times needing to turn back around and head in the opposite direction to find where we lost what we thought we found. It’s hard to back up when money is involved, but truth isn’t found in the money or the components. Truth is found in the music itself.

Music represents beauty to me.  I get to enjoy the beauty when I am listening to my system.  

For those moments when it all comes together and it sounds really good, I find myself noticing after awhile and thinking 'wow.' 

I had one of those moments this past weekend.

It is not coming together this way with the rest of my life, but for that moment, I was not thinking about everything else.    

Rich 
One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain. That is the larger picture.
Post removed