How is Devialet Expoert 1000 PRO's value???? good?

Hi guys,

if you have been listen to Devialet Expert PRO 1000 and other HIGH END amps int he similar price range, can you please share you opinion?

- What do you think about the Sound quality of Devialet Expert 1000 PRO for its price?
- Do you think it is performance in the High End amp category?
- How it performs when compare to other High End amplifier like  Mcintosh, MBL, TAD, Absolare, VS etcs?
- Any weekness you found in its sound performance? 
- Any better deal than it for its price range?

Thanks for your comments!!!
peppapig
Here's an interesting article on class D:

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/bruno-putzeys-head-class-d

This stuff really comes down to personal preference. By no means have I heard every iteration of class D, but I've heard quite a few and to my ears, none are as sonically satisfying as a pure class A or tube amp. I also prefer class AB in most cases. I recently heard an implementation of the NCore module (mentioned in the article above) in a newer NAD integrated. It was better than some of what's out there, but to my ears, still suffered from some of the same old class D faults, most notably, a sort of digital-like glare. It's a bit like the difference between an LP on a high-end analog rig and a CD of the same recording. It's difficult to put into words, but when I listen to class D based setups, I have a hard time relaxing. I'm probably in a minority these days, so I wouldn't read too much into my opinions. This is simply my take on the Devialet after a fairly short audition. It was good in most respects but just didn't emulate the sound of other topologies to my ears.

I only heard this amp with some Magnepan 1.7is. In contrast to many reviews, I feel those speakers are overrated, so they may very well have been the bottle neck in the system. The Parsound Halo integrated was capable of 95% of the same sonic strengths. It gave up a tiny bit of resolution and separation in exchange for smoothness and warmth. I much preferred the sound of the Halo in that comparison, as I was able to relax and focus on the music rather than the gear. Based on all my subsequent auditions of various options, I think a more appropriate price for the Devialet would be $5 to $10k, that's assuming one likes its presentation. 

@helomech,

$5-10K, for the Devialet Expert 1000 PRO? or 220 PRO? I think 5K USD for 1000 PRO probably too cheap? Can you name a product that is 5-10K for the similar performance?

I never had a Class A so I want to find out if its worth to spend the effort for a change. Selling always a bit lost..
Yes, I was referring to the 1000 Pro. I heard some Exposure 3010S2 separates shortly after my audition with the Devialet and thought that system was better, but that was with different speakers in a different room.

If you're seriously considering the Devialet, I highly recommend you audition some other options first. After my experiences with Devialet products, I'm inclined to think of them as more of a marketing company than a Hi-Fi company.