Jeff Rowland Model 6 vs Jeff Rowland 625

Dear All,

I have been using my JR Aeris, Corus (with PSU) and 625 (not S2) for a couple of years and I am really happy with the combination. Recently, I have spotted an older JR model 6 monoblock out on sale, and I have heard that model 6 is one of the best amp that JR has ever made.

I am am just wondering if there’s any improvement over the existing 625 or is it a step back from my current gear combination.

Thanks,
Joey
joey28
I would send Guido a PM. I submit no one knows more about Jeff Rowland on Audiogon than him.
+1 ricred1 I own Rowland gear and Guido is the master I consult with on, well, almost everything Rowland related.
I have a 625 S2, and I can't imagine going back over 20 years to the model 6 would yield improvement.  

The 625 is easily upgradable to the S2 version....I would consider looking into this if I was you.
The model 6 was an excellent amp, but so is your 625. I would look elsewhere for weakness in your system to upgrade.
If you think everything else is great, I would do as tdimler suggested above.
Thanks guys for all your valuable comments, I think I will stick with my 625 with possibility upgrade it to S2!