New or Old CD Player?

Let's say I have $5K, tops, to buy a CD player. I don't need digital inputs, outputs, etc. I don't need to spin SACD's. I only intend to play Redbook CD's and want a one-box solution. Would my money be better spent on a new unit, like maybe a Hegel Mohican? Or should I buy a component that was close to state of the art a decade ago? Like maybe a Simaudio 750D, or an Audio Research Reference CD8? Thoughts?
imgoodwithtools
imgoodwithtools
 only intend to play Redbook CD's and want a one-box solution.

If you want one box players, not dacs, these are the ones.
For finest Redbook replay, as there are no new players built around these dac chips, you want players that used the best implemented (at the time) 2R2 Ladder Multibit Dac in them, the PCM1704"k" selected.

These are my 3 in order, there are more.

1: Naim CD555 with 555 power base
2: Linn Sondek CD-12 MkIII version that has 4 x PCM1704K and PMD200 
3: Esoteric X-01

Cheers George

Good advice... son you got a drinking problem!  Son say, what drinking problem, go to hell!  now to my point , see a doctor and have him give you the blue pill not the red pill! then go home go to bed and wake up in the real world, not in the cd matrix. recommend  40.00 sony playstation 1   with rca audio outputs on rear and enjoy the music for a change, Save all that money burning a hole , back up all your cd,s to hdd by ripping .
Hey George,
I have never had the opportunity to hear a Linn or a Naim. I had an Esoteric for awhile. I found it both amazingly good, and too analytic. Is the Linn or the Naim more "analog" sounding?
John
-yohimie- 
Do you live in Colorado? Lol Too many blunts? Lol. I get you. The music over hardware. But, for the most part, well chosen, more money buys better sound reproduction.