Auditioning Elipsa SE tomorrow, getting my ducks in a row, am I missing anything

Gonna head out before the chickens wake and drive 350 miles to hear a pair of Elipsa SE in the morning. Will have to get it right as a second listen is gonna be tough

I've sent pictures and descriptions of the listening area and speaker placement. He's gonna try to duplicate that setup before I arrive. Speakers 11 feet apart, listening position about 12' feet from the wall and speakers set a foot or 2 off the wall. 

I don't do vinyl anymore so will be streaming and CD only. I don't have any hi res media but plan to take female vocal (Ricky Lee), male vocal ( Leonard Cohen), an instrumental, and Rodrigo y Gabriela for full, fast and hard. Will hopefully listen to some high res of whatever he has on hand when I get there.

I'm looking for a wide and amazing soundstage.  I'll figure out amps, etc that work with whatever speaker I end up with.He's gonna setup the demo with ARC VSi-75 and Lumin A1. I've heard the integrated with a pair of Trio Ct's and it was nice but didn't take my breath away. Not sure if the ARC will show them best or if I could expect more out of the Elipsa with something else.

Moving forward sources will mostly be streamed though a PS-Audio Direct Stream so have lots of hopes for improvements.

While I'm in the city going to swing through some dealers and listen to Focal, Wilson, other Sonus Faber, and whatever else I can get my ears on.  

Any advice on what I've missed or should consider when looking at the Elipsa SE?

Thanks in advance

Keith

128x128doitwithlife
@pkelly1504 
Glad to hear you have the BHK preamp running on these. I've been considering this after reading so much great about it.

Toying with the the following 3 options

Get the BHK 250 and use the Ps audio directstream dac without a preamp, All digital now and don't listen to headphones much and may never again 

Get the 250 and BHK pre-amp now, monoblocks will never happen

Or get the monoblocks now , run without the preamp and hope for the money fairy to rain down on me years from now to get the pre-amp. 

Knowing what the pre-amp gave you with your SE's how might you divide the pie?

Dealer was like, thats a tough call, believes the monoblock will really fill out the speakers but I'd also be really happy with the 250

Thanks to everyone's feedback , it really help me to believe the potential these speakers can have. 

It is a pain but I would go back and pick the speakers up. The shipping boxes are cardboard. Granted there are foam inserts but they are still cardboard and not wooden crates. The speakers weigh around 100 pounds each. I would hate to see them scratched or damaged because of shipping. And I have see many shipping nightmares. There is guy on Audiogon who just had crated Apogee speakers destroyed. Why take the chance?

Decide what electronics you want BEFORE you buy cables. Cables are very system dependent. If you do decide to go with Audio Research gear, Cardas Cables are a really bad match. If he used Cardas in the demo that was one of the problems.

Make a plan. Listen to everything you can in your room with your speakers. Then decide what sounds best to you. Make a long term plan and work toward it. The cables should be one of the last things you purchase. Use what you have for now or buy something really inexpensive from a brand like Audioquest. They seem to work well with most gear. Once you know the direction you want to go then you can seriously consider cables.

I would get the 250 and the preamp.
Many of the articles written about the BHK compare PS audio gear with and without he preamp and all prefer with it.
For my system I was really surprised what a huge upgrade the BHK has been.It has taken it to the next level for sure. It could be my last preamp.
The 250 should be plenty of power as my amp is a tube amp,140 WPC and makes the SE's sing. I also wanted mono amps but am more than happy with the stereo model.
Congrats on your new speakers!
lostbears, 

I hear you on the freight trauma. I would much prefer to hand carry myself, but this would be about a 4000 mile round trip. 

They will be insured and its a Sonus Faber dealer shipping. Its about as good as I can get it

doitwithlife

good to read that you had a fun, safe trip. There are many excellent Audio shops in the Seattle area. You are fortunate to live close to all of that action! Keep us posted on your audio journey.

Happy Listening!