Phono Preamps with "balls" ?

taking the cue from another thread about speakers with "balls" - what are some phono preamps that you have found to be the most powerful, dynamic and yet still sound clean.  
i turn on my digital sources and they are often much more robust sounding and would like to know if there are phono preamps that can deliver.  thanks in advance  
avanti1960

Avanti 1960,

It would also help to know more about the rest of your system, at least what cartridge you are running and your current phono stage.  Also, because you are drawing a comparison with your digital source, knowing that would be of some help.

I've yet to hear a CD that plays better bass than my phono section...

I like to run balanced, as all phono cartridges are balanced sources, and that can reduce or eliminate the 'sound' that the tone arm cable might otherwise impart.
I've yet to hear a CD that plays better bass than my phono section...

I like to run balanced, as all phono cartridges are balanced sources, and that can reduce or eliminate the 'sound' that the tone arm cable might otherwise impart.
I wish I could. Very few phono stages, even in the upper tier, offer balanced inputs. Manley does not believe that offering balanced inputs is worthwhile and have an explanation in the FAQ section of their website. 
04-04-2018 9:47pm... well not to hijack the thread, but now you've got me interested in the Violectrics @czarivey and @fsonicsmith. I checked out their website. The PPA 600 ticks off a lot of boxes for me. Anyone know how it compares to the PP1?  Google seems to know about that one only in German.
I made a mistake-the Violectric phono stage I have is the V600. It started out with my purchase of the Violectric V200 headphone amp from Robert at AphroditeCU29. Don't ask me where Robert got that business name but he is great to work with. We got to talking about Violectric and Robert suggested I audition the phono stage and DAC as well. I liked the phono stage well enough to keep it. He also sent me Violectric's DAC that was hot at the time (not good with model numbers) and I was not thrilled with it and sent it back. I have no connection obviously, but Robert's website is AphroditeCU29.com BTW, in Robert's defense, he told me that I would not hear the full capability of the DAC unless I auditioned it with the Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB cord. That ran $800. I told Robert not to bother sending me that cord, because if I liked it, I would hate myself for buying it. Then I bought my AMR DP777 and after getting that, I bought a Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB and now I know that Robert was right. Sorry for the thread drift on the thread drift. 

In his Stereophile review of the Liberty B2B phono amp, Michael Fremer described it as being unusually dynamic. There is one currently available on AudiogoN.