Lampizator evolution

3-4 years  ago, Lampizator DACs were all the rage and consumed a lot of space on this forum. Not so much today. What has happened?
The company now offers the Amber II model for just under $2;000. Did this DAC benefit from trickle down technology and become a great sounding, reasonably priced DAC?  Have any Lampi owners compared its sound to the earlier generations of Lampizator? Is the Amber II a no-brained purchase for someone (like me) wanting a killer DAC at a very reasonable price?
rockyboy
I am using the Auralic Aries "with" the Uptone Audio Iso Regen.   I connect a stand alone hard-drive to the Aries.  Sounds amazing!!!  Blows away Mac Book Pro with JRiver.....  

Note:  "In my system", without the Iso Regen connected to the Aries I would not keep the Auralic Aries.  I still have plans to try an Aurender or Melco down the road.  
I have been listening to/through:
Auralic Aries (w/Femto clocks) with directly connected externally powered 8TB WD USB HD library > Phasure LUSH USB cable .7m > Uptone ISO Regen & LPS-1 > DIY USB stubbie > Lampizator Gen 5 Level 4 DAC. HD and LPS-1 powered by HDPlex 100w LPSU. All digital equipment plugged into Blue Circle FX2 X0e CxT power conditioner which is fed by a dedicated 20 amp circuit.

Have used the Aries and Lampizator for nearly 3 years now.
Auralic has continually improved the Aries with periodic firmware upgrades and it functions and sounds better than ever. My Lampi has been tweaked to my system with a very synergistic tubes set (a lot of work and some $$ but well worth it).
It has dual a mono DSD engine installed that is particularly sweet and I upgraded the output caps to Jupiter Copper bypassed with Mundorf Silver/Oil. This setup really does "make music" and I’d do well to turn my attention to other parts of my system or just sit back and listen.

I’ve been tempted to try an Aurender, but only if I could manage to get one of their higher level models. The Auralic can still act a bit buggy at times, but most of that may be due to home network problems.

It will take something very special for me to give up my Lampizator DAC. I honestly have my doubts that a bare bones Atlantic would do that - but hearing is believing. Maybe one day I'll have that opportunity.
I am using the Lush USB cable as well.  Like it very much.  I tried various usb cables from the Cable Company and the Lush was more musical.   I have the High Fidelity Hemisphere conditioner.  Love the sound of my system, it is what I have been working to get for 15 years.  I still have a few tweaks but no major changes on the horizon.        
thankful, have you tried the Sablon usb?  I heard it works well with Lampi dacs.  Right now I am using the Audience Au24 SE, which is better than the Curious usb.
@rockyboy you can also add an external clock, like the ISO Regen to a dac. I think a good clock can improve the sound a lot.
Have you checked other dacs like the Soekris or Denafrips?