Audio Education

I am new to the audiophile world. Does anybody have any good references or sources to read up on the physics of- Amps, preamps, ohms, resistance, etc.  Technology surrounding audio equipment.
Something like audio-phonics for dummies. 
Thanks 
jimmyj11
Post removed 
Does anybody have any good references or sources to read up on the physics of- Amps, preamps, ohms, resistance, etc. Technology surrounding audio equipment.

Read any posts on this forum from almarg and/or atmasphere. 

Jimmy, I think what you are looking for is one of the books written back in the 1950’s, by guys like Harry F. Olsen. A technical book, with electronic theory and principles for aspiring audio engineers. Don’t bother with an "audiophile" book---writers of them speak in subjective language, not technical.

By the way, if you’re in the San Francisco Bay area, Roger Modjeski of Music Reference is teaching a class in amplifier design. Taking that class would be a great way to both learn audio engineering and build your own tube power amp. If I still lived in my hometown of San Jose, I’d do it myself.

Hey great suggestions. I will check into those.  Unfortunately I live in Denver,. But looking at the local colleges maybe beneficial. Thanks