Streamer vs computer?

I am currently using a MacBook Pro to stream Tidal Master (MQA) in my listening room. For purposes of the following question, I am only interested in SQ, not multi-room streaming options.  Would a “streamer/DAC” combo (eg Bluenote 2) give me any benefit over using my computer with an equally good (and Tidal/MQA certified) DAC? 
128x128cheeg
I am pretty sure you need an MQA device to finish the unfolding of the MQA titles on Tidal. With a Mac you can get 96/24 kHZ res, but with MQA certified device (streamer or dac) you can get 192/24 kHZ res. Of course there are many, many people that do not like MQA and say that the sound is not great, losing bits, not lossless and other things. But that is another can of worms.
Feel free to correct me, as I have not listened to MQA on a mac. I am sure it sounds great!
The Bluesound Node 2 (which is what I think you refer to) would probably not be as good as a computer/MQA certified DAC combo.
I only use the BSound for multiroom streaming and output to a higher quality DAC.
If I recall correctly, the Tidal MQA decode is only a partial decode of the MQA signal. To get the full MQA you need to use a DAC with MQA decoding.
That being said, I concur with 2psyop regarding MQA sound quality. It does sound different, sometimes better, but I can't say it is worth the expense, and I wonder if it may just be another tech gizmo like Dolby-enhancing some features while destroying others.
B
I have a Node 2 and really like it. But I have to say it fits my budget. I cannot afford to buy a $3000 streamer and $2500 DAC. Also I wanted to get away from using my computer to play music. For me, it was not designed to be a music player, like the Node 2 is. I can access all my older Itunes ripped music files on a NAS, play streamed music, enjoy Tidal MQA ....all by using my Ipad as a controller for $500. It has already proved worth the investment. I have ran it out to a Benchmark DAC and a Schiit DAC. To my ears, MQA played with the internal BS Node 2 dac sounded best.