Subwoofer Decision

I have narrowed my search to two choices though I am sure I will get comments steering me away from these.
Contrast Rythmik Audio 12G with Vandersteen 2Wq. I would like to get only one though I know a pair are best choice. Could maybe afford 2 Rythmik, but only 1 Vandersteen for now. The subwoofer would support Dali Helicons (4 ohms) biwired and driven by 2 mono McIntosh MC 252's at 500 watts each into 4 ohms. Living room size aprox. 24'x16'x8' placement not centered on 16' wall due to furniture (wife) constraints must stay put. Subwoofer placement needs also to stay there as well, I know this limits possible best choice for placement, my bad. There is room behind, next to, and between speakers. Any help help is appreciated.
128x128lowfreqguy
I had the 2WQ's and sold them, Replaced with a pair of Rythmik 12's.
Tighter, lower and with more control. Also more flexible in set up. A pair is almost always better.
I've never heard anything bad about Rythmik subs, and they dig quite a bit deeper than the Vandersteen unit, handy if you like electronic or organ music.  

If your setup doesn't have any room correction for bass frequencies having two subs will let you even things out.  

The "G" version (paper cone woofer, courtesy of GR Research’s Danny Richie) of the Rythmik F12---man, you are hip! Excellent sub for music. The paper cone is slightly lower in moving mass than the aluminum cone (good for music), the aluminum a little stiffer (good for high excursion movie sound effects). Danny feels the paper cone woofer provides a little more resolution than the aluminum, and a more natural sound quality. All I know is the woofer reproduces the sound of a well-recorded upright bass like no other I’ve heard. As the player descends down the neck of his bass, I hear no change in the timing of the playing, or in the timbre and transparency of my Quad ESL’s & Eminent Technology Magnetic-Planars. The lowest note on a standard 4-string bass (the open E string) is at 42Hz, and has a lot of overtones. The (acoustic) upright bass is an excellent test of the capabilities of a sub and the woofer of a speaker, highly revealing of any coloration or excess weight/fat, and driver "overshoot" and slow "settling" time---returning to rest after excursion (which causes smearing---a lack of transparency and resolution of fine detail). Rythmik Subs are characterized as "stopping on a dime".

The Rythmik sub features Brian Ding’s patented "Direct" (no accelerometer) Servo-Feedback circuit, the Vandersteen Richard’s unique feed-forward circuit, both good approaches to creating higher performance and lower distortion. Two of the best music subs available, either will satisfy. I myself have four of the paper cone G woofers, but in a version optimized for Open Baffle applications, installed in pairs in OB/Dipole H-frames. The only subs I’ve ever heard good enough for use with planar speakers---ESL’s, magnetic-planars, and ribbons.