Vandersteen VLR Wood ..any love for these?

are there any owners out here. setup tips , wire, amps. thanks Greg
128x128drumsgreg
Hi kansas400.  Currently I’m using mine sans sub in a small room.  I have them about six inches from the wall behind them.  I have them on 24” high Skylan two post stands.  I feel like I’m getting plenty of bass this way.  There is plenty “meat on the bones” and a real good solid foundation to the music.  I thought about a sub, but given my size room I’ll refrain from doing so.  If I was in a larger room, I’d consider it.  Yes, I would think the Vandy sub would be the way to go.  A Rel also.

These “Lil Vandys” just continue to put a smile on my face.  I’ve passed on opportunities to get larger Vandersteen.  I’m glad I finally stayed committed to the VLR.  I’ve ordered a Belles Aria integrated amp.  This should make for a very synergistic system from all I’ve read and with the help of John Rutan.

Hope this helps some.  I would just start with the VLR set up similar to mine and go from there after you’ve had a chance to acclimate yourself to them.  Then perhaps consider a sub.  Get yourself some Audioquest cabling eventually as well.  There is a reason why so many Vandy owners use AQ.  Just sounds right together!

Best of luck and keep us posted on your journey.  Let me know if I can help further.  Best.....
Hi Carmenc - what are the dimensions of your room and do you have the VLRs on the long wall or short wall? 
Kansas400, i do have Vandersteen 2WQ and the M-5HPB crossovers, i tried it, but really love them without the 2WQ`S. I do however the love the 2WQ`S with my Vandersteen 2CE Signatures MKII better for some reason. i actually bought the VLR Woods for my bed room setup, i just tried them in my big rig in my  drum room first. Mine are set right up against the back wall facing straight ahead. My room  is 13 x 19, i have them setup on the short wall. These should be on everyones very short list for speakers under 2000.00 and anyone who has limited space to put speakers in their homes. My wife and i just shake ours heads , they are that good. Greg
kansas400...hello.  I have my VLR in an office that is 11’ x 11’.  Certainly not a good room acoustically due to it being square.  Like Greg, I have them firing straight ahead...no toe in.  They are approximately 5’ apart.  Greg is spot on with these being ideal for people with limited space or prefer a more discreet setup.  Sound wise, I rank these right up there with little ProAcs, only easier to position and cheaper price wise.  I’m also a Tannoy fan, so they occupy my living room.  They’re both relatively modest systems, but I get to enjoy the best of both worlds.  Vandersteen and Tannoy.....doesn’t get any better for me anyways.

Best and keep us posted.  Take care.
David

Carmenc,  
i have a pair of skylan two post stands as well.  What are the dimensions of your top plates on the stand?  Do the VLRs fit nicely?
thanks,
Gary