At $5,000.....any thoughts?

This system needed to be new components only. Speakers will be located fairly close to walls....one the reasons I went with a sealed design. Also, at $5,000...trade off here and there, was a factor.

This system is for my wifes Doctor (female), my wife got me in to this little project. It's going in a med sized area....finished basement.

1. Sanyo PLV-Z5 projector

2. Carada 110" screen

3. Onkyo TX-SR805 7.1 receiver

4. OPPO DV-970HD DVD player

5. NHT Classic 3.... front speakers

6. NHT Classic 2....rear speakers

7. SHU Research VTF-2 MK-3 subwoofer

8 Energy 25" stands for front and rears.

Cables are not in budget, but will be budget brands. HD-DVD player will follow....at some point?

Dave
sogood51
Um, I wasn't makikng any suggestions! I was being feceicious(not sure how to spell that) Infact, I likely wouldn't recommend what I said, blanketly. I was just throwing stuff out there as "fill". Like I said, we're already on to the next project. Any equipment suggestions/feedback (like you said, that's all you were after) are irrelevent at this point.
Good job, Dave! The good doctor was fortunate to have someone of your calibre honchoing (is that a word?) the deal! If possible, we'd all like to see some piccies. Perhaps you can get her to sign up here and post her system specs. and pics??

Thanks for being such a good-natured fellow, a couple of the posts were a bit "edgey", if you know what I mean...

-RW-
Yep, great job Dave. I'm sure she's plenty happy with the system, and with your friendship. Let's indeed DO get here posting on the site, so we can see some pics and such, and maybe some insight from the good doc on what it sounds like, looks like, and such. Also, perhaps she can comment on the overall tonality of the system, the smoohtness of timber, the bass response, and so forth. That would be nice, indeed.
Hey Dave? What kinda movies does the Doc like? You don't happen to spend too much time over there do ya? That would be nice if you could share a movie experience with us- at the Doc's house for movie night, that is- so as to give a run down on how you feel everythings working in her system. I'm sure others here would agree.
Oh, yes, also does the Doc plan any future upgrades to HD? or a 1.3 system in the future? Just curious. Perhaps we can have her on to share her thoughts on the subject, ey?
That would be nice.
You know so much has yet to be written on the subject of "Audiophiles, and the medical profession", that I feel it would be nice to also post this thread on other high profile audio/video/ht websites, as well. Perhaps AVS and hometheaterspot would be a good extension thread site(s), and maybe we could get some more interest in the thread?! Maybe even see if we could stimulate a "shoot-out" of sorts with some Dentist's and Surgeon's systems? Whaddaya think?!
Ya know, I was watching a program the other night on the medical profession, and new testing equipment. I think this would be a timely posting, don't you?
Oh, another tought- have you considered acoustic treatment for the doc's system yet? I forgot. That might be another thread in itself here. I think we should not forget that one, yes? Cause I'm sure she'll need it in that basement place. Maybe even an HVAC "sticky thread" on Air conditioning basement systems for entry level systems or whatever. Hummmmm so much to consider here...
Well, we could go over other choices for speaker systems and equipment "swapouts", should budgets "go up" for the Doc.
Any suggestions on what equipment someone else might have used for their system in the basement, with maybe, say, double the budget? How about....
Commmmmmmon folks! Let's keep this thread going! It's so much fun. Really!
Can't we think of other options that might have been used here? More are coming to my mind every day - which is good. Cause there's not much there usually.
anyone else care to pipe in here and share some alternatives we might talk the Doc into? Maybe she'll ditch what she has and start over, yes?