why do people feel the need to buy expensive cable

I have tried expensive cables and one's moderately priced. I would say there were some differences but I can't actually say the expensive cables were better. IMHO I believe a lot of people buy expensive cables because they don't actual trust their ears and are afraid of making a mistake. They figure the expensive cables are better for the fact they cost more. If you have a difference of opinion or share the same thoughts, I would like to hear about it.
taters
willemj"It has already been done in a UK court of law: the cable seller lost and had to withdraw the product from his chain of stores"
Great you have a precedent to invoke that is wonderful start your own suit  after all it is a massive fraud and very lucrative as you say go have the lawyers make themselves and you a bundle of dollars think of all the fun you will have go Willie go sue them all - one at a time of course!
If I’m not mistaken there was no court case in the UK. That’s an old wives tale. It was something along the lines of some pseudo skeptic writing an embarrassing article in the local newspaper. If there had been a court trial everybody and his brother in UK would be taking all the audio companies to court. Hel-loo! Unemployment is up. Besides, how would they assemble a jury? Nobody can hear. 🤡
Post removed