3 head cassette decks

Any sleeper decks that rival nak without the high cost?
128x128phasecorrect
Revox hands down...AND there are some peeps here that not only sell them but can fix them also. ckinpa sold me a revox b-215 4 years ago and its been fantastic. I have had NAKS and others, but the b215 is the most neutral I have ever heard. Cheers.

Spiro
I gave up tapes long ago. Mistake. Back then, after several decks, an Aiwa AD-F770 won my heart. Aiwa is not a name associated with high-end; maybe they made a big push into the then-burgeoning cassette tape market. A friend was very high-end and had the Nak Dragon, and we compared. We recorded the same LPs (on his Goldmund Studio TT) through Audio Research pre + power, into Soundlab electrostatics. Good gear. The Nak sounded better — but the Aiwa was more accurate. Using the Aiwa’s monitor switch to compare source to just-recorded-tape, in real time, we could not tell the difference: tape and source sounded identical. It was remarkable. Doing the same on the Nak, the tape sounded better than the source. We scratched our heads — this was impossible — and we concluded the Nak was ’improving’ on the source (enhancing it), sounding a bit ’richer’. We both quite enjoyed it, but if accuracy is an important criteria, and sounding identical to the source is a true achievement, then we had to admit the F770 was better ('nicer' sound notwithstanding).
[A drawback to the Aiwa emerged years later — the transport was so complicated, belts and other rubber bits were almost impossible to replace. I don’t know the Dragon fared in this department.]
Had a Nak back in the 80s. With metal tape, peaks set for +7 dB (if I'm remembering correctly) it made fabulous sounding tapes. And the feel of all the controls was fabulous too.
I've had more decks than I can list here including 5 different Naks, Tandberg, Denon, Sony, Kyocera, NAD, Pioneer, etc.  the big Naks that I've own include a 700 mkII and a ZX7. The deck that is actually a sleeper and whose low end betters the Naks is the Sony TCK 71. It is an extremely good sounding deck and is one of my favorite decks of all time. You will just have to align the heads to each tape the old school way, with a screw driver. That is not difficult and well worth it. Buy one now and thank me later!