Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
@mattnshilp   Thanks for sharing your findings. Very informative and good to know your specific results/outcomes.
I just spoke with the guys at Symposium after reporting to them my findings. He said he was not surprised. He designed his equipment to be ultimately neutral top to bottom, and I can absolutely attest to this. It is REALLY good stuff!!! I’m going to listen again Wednesday. I need another session to confirm and reinforce my findings. Then I need to decide which one gets me more lost in the music and gets my toes tapping.

Hey I may have arranged for the top level Tidal DAC to grace my room. That should be fun!!!
Matt

I hate to go off topic so to speak, but did you ever have a chance to listen to the Mojo DAC? Or did I miss your impressions? Thanks!
I haven't seen any further mention of the Mojo DAC after it was received and reportedly powered up several weeks ago, also curious about it's performance relative to Matt's other contenders. Any update? TIA