Speakers (and system) for a small-ish room

I bought a pair of KEF LS50 wireless for my study/home office a few months ago. First off, I am absolutely in love with the speakers. After integrating a REL sub (T9i), I moved them to the game room (20 x 25), where they are doing everything I hoped they would. So now, back to the study/home office :)

The room is about 10 x 13 ft with 12-foot ceilings. Given the way the furniture is laid out, and of course WAF considerations (she shares the office), I have very little flexibility in terms of placement. The biggest problem is that I cannot place them more than 1 foot from the wall and 4 feet apart. My desk chair is about 6 feet away from where the speakers would be eventually set up. The speakers would be flanked by two bookshelves on both sides.

My initial thought is to just get another pair of KEF LS50 wireless since I like their sound in the game room. This way I don't have to worry about getting a separate amp (integrated) and streamer. This setup has the highest WAF score :)

But then a little voice inside my head is telling me "why have the same sound everywhere?" It'll be nice to have a bit of variety. Hence this post. Given that I can get the LS50 wireless for about $2400 (including custom stands and taxes), I  want to put together a system which is around the same price. I don't intend to play anything loud in the study. Genres: jazz, vocals, some classical, some R&B and soft rock. Don't care much for metal, rap, EDM type of music.

There is an almost new pair of Harbeth P3esr for sale in my vicinity (craigslist) listed for around $1100. I'm seriously thinking of buying them. That leaves me with around $1300-1400 to spare. Does this sound feasible?

If possible I would like to experiment with tubes. But I have no idea as to how they would (a) pair with the Harbeths (always heard that they do better with SS), and (b) the cost, since tubes generally tend to be more expensive.

I am open to ideas as long as the total budget does not exceed $2500. I am willing to spend a little extra for used stands. 

128x128arafiq
I have nothing to add other than that $1100 for a pair of P3ESRs is an exceptional bargain and one that I would not want to miss.
I have the KEF LS50s and the Harbeth P3esrs and love them both.  (I have also gone with the philosophy of not repeating speakers because there are too many great ones out there.)  I also own and love the Trenner and Friedl Suns which will do great a foot away from the wall.  They apparently work amazingly well with Heed electronics.   I would also consider the Falcon Acoustics Ls3/5a; for a budget system I have head the Line Magnetic 211 amplifier is a really good match.  And I'm intrigued by the Watkins Stereo Generation 4 (see recent review in Absolute Sound).  As I said, too many great small speakers to chose from!  Good luck- Margot
Apart from my Quad electrostats in the main listening room and some modest speakers in de the bedroom, I have both the 11 Ohm LS3/5a and the Harbeth P3ESR as mini monitors. Both are pleasant, but for me there is no doubt that the Harbeth beats the old LS3/5a by a pretty wide margin. It is much more neutral, can handle far more power, and has deeper and tighter bass.
Well, looks like it was too good to be true. I made a deal with the seller to pick them up on Wednesday 3/14. Today I saw that he pulled the ad off of craigs list. Texted him to see what's going on. He's now claiming that he has had a change of heart and decided to keep the speakers after all.

Bummer!
I'm selling a Focal Dome sub/sat system.  It's a fantastic setup for a small, high WAF package.