New Vinyl

Hi everyone, will you please list some new vinyl pressings that didnt make you wanna return it right away when you first played it. I have found a few:

Anything by Phil Collins has been done well and sounds good.
older box set of "the Song Remains the same" Led Zepp. Great sound. (Mothership sux)
Eric Clapton, everything on the shelf has been re done either 45/33 rpm's all great sounding. RTI pressings especially (duh).

Matt

128x128mattmiller
If you're a fan of GW, you got to check out David Rawlings "Poor David's Almanac" as well. Just as beautiful as TH&TH.
V...I mean that most of newly pressed vinyl is defective or taken from a bad source and then pressed badly. Also, Music Direct is not perfect they sold me a Blue Note record of a new artist (Kandace Springs "Soul Eyes") and it is defective. I have also found Van Morrisons "Astral Weeks" at Barnes and Noble and was surprised by how good that sounds. I just picked up a new copy of a 2002 Sundazed version of Jefferson Airplanes "Suralistic Pillow" it was supposedly taken from original Mono masters. Will C. I read great things about MFSL mono version on 45 speed as well. And I like Jazz music a lot as well as rock. I have wanted to purchase a ONE STEP record but I havent yet...These can be tough to get as well..and I’m not paying $300 on E-bay for one either soooo...Thanks everyone for your comments and as always keep spinning!

Matt M
If you're serious about a one-step you should get your pre-order in as soon as possible. Why pay $300 when you could pay $100?

You make it sound as if Music Direct is responsible for the manufacturing of the lps they sell. While I have my own gripes with them, they, just like Elusive Disc and Acoustic Sounds make the customer pay for returns. That's not right. This is why 98% my lp buying goes to other places that have better customer service.

I have the Sundazed "JA" and the MFSL 45rpm. No contest...the MFSL wins hands down.

Not that I'm excited at the prospect of spending a hundred bucks on a single LP, but if Mobile Fidelity is going to all that trouble I wish they would do it with an album that contains music I like! I've long wondered what the H*ll their criteria is in picking titles to remaster and press on high quality vinyl and SACD.

An unusually cool one they've recently done is Planet Waves, the 1974 Dylan album with The Band backing him. It's a charming little record that sounds like it was recorded live in the studio. Very unprocessed (no electronic reverb, etc.), "in the room" sound. Engineer Rob Fabroni really captured Levon Helm's trademark drumset sound. "Going, Going, Gone" is a killer songm as is "Forever Young" and many others. One of my favorite Dylan albums, and a welcome reprieve from the generally dreadful music being made at the time.

(I realize they are responsible for their MFSL releases)

This only goes more to support my point!

I think, even I could run a successful business if I manufactured a niche product that can demand high prices and when said product was in some way defective, I could charge my customer for my fault. A great business model from one perspective, for sure.