SYNERGY –is it all about the setup

Buy the best made, most revealing, transparent, detailed electronics and speakers you can afford, and all will be well!

Easy enough. Right?

This topic is about finding and implementing synergy. How we elevate performance of an audio system by using THINGS SUCH as sympathetic electronics, the implementation of accessories and add ons, etc..

Has your experience shown you good or decent sounding electronics can be made to sound great or even outstanding by infusing better inter connects, speaker cables, power cords, power line conditioning, mixing in complimentary electronics, and or better isolation elements such as racks or stands and platforms?

Has your experience proven mixing, or using appropriate mating of complimentary electronics can mean adding an extremely revealing pre to a less resolute amp? Or vice versa?

Naturaly, if tube powered gear is sought and or bought, then rolling tubes counts. As importantly, room treatments can be seen as add ons for enhancing the sound.

IYO, Is system synergy something which can be generated, or improved upon during set up, or is it encumbent upon staying with ‘in house’ brands from source to amp, or at least pre amp and amp?

IYO Exactly where does synergy most often thrive? In the setup? In the electronics? Or is system synergy   always lying SOME WHERE hidden IN BETWEEN?

Is there indeed a shortcut to synergy? If not, how did you achieve it?

blindjim

@mapman > see jim smith’s book.

Blindjim > thanks. I’m somewhat familiar with Mr. Smith’s philosophies.

My point is obtaining practical experience from those who have learned via practical application. You know, OJT! Information coming as the result of their own experiences and philosophies regarding the development of synergy in their audio system efforts over the years, listed in one topic seemed a pretty good idea..

I don’t feel there is ONLY one path to this goal either. As such, I’d be far more interested in getting those ‘takes’ and certainly your own on the subject, not strickly for myself, but for anyone committed to this hobby looking for ways to improve or obtain a highly resolving engaging audio system. Especially given individual input that has nothing to gain, seems to me to be perhaps more earnest or sincere.

As well, sharing ideas is just another part of this past time that adds dimension and texture to it.

However, thanks much. Your input is always welcomne.

IMO just a bit too much gets made regarding synergy.IMO System synergy starts with the fact that so much really really good gear is available today at such reasonable prices...Unless you have a gross miss match of demanding load with low power pretty much anything you buy today outside mainstream box store choices can be made to sound damn pleasing with a bit of set up and acoustic treatment...I also believe this is the reason you see so many varied responses when new users request gear recommendations...Pretty much every one here has a decent sounding system...
@Freediver > ‘…. pretty much anything you buy today outside mainstream box store choices can be made to sound damn pleasing with a bit of set up and acoustic treatment...”

Blindjim > agreed. However…. Which portion thereof, the ‘setup’ or the room acoustics matter more? Come first? Last?

Hence the real crux of the situation lies here for feedback.

= = = = == = = = = = = = = = =

Sorry for being so late to attend to any posts I’ve generated or added onto. Surgery kept me from the ability to reply more timely. The mists are clearing now so this should not be an issue going forward, with any luck.

^..IMO room acoustics.When I talk about set up it simply comes down to paying attention to cables not running along each other and isolating equipment from vibration or resonance.Nothing however in set up will cure echo or boomy bass.
As for equipment synergy IMO as long as you don't have gross miss matches pretty much everything nowdays plays nice with everything else in the chain..