McIntosh MA5200 hum

Hi, I bought a three month old Mc MA5200 from a reputable dealer. Brought it home plugged it in and immediately heard a hum. Not through speakers but from amp. Tried plugging it in everywhere in house, same result. No hum comes through speakers but can here hum from amp between songs from 10 ft away. Took back to dealer next day, plugged into his wall direct, no hum. Brought it home and same hum produced. I have lots of other amps and made sure that none of them are humming. Very perplexed. Does this amp not like my AC? I do not use a power conditioner. Any thoughts on what to do next would be appreciated. I could probably live with hum but why should I? Worried that amp might need repair. But again no hum at all at dealer. Thanks for your thoughts. 
astorey64
As a diagnostic tool only I would try a cheater plug on the amp to see if the hum disappears. If it does then it sounds like you have a ground fault issue and perhaps running a dedicated circuit to your system may help.

Chuck  
There is a checklist of procedures to diagnose this problem. Goto the archives and type in "hum".
I've now checked out everything that audiogon offers to remedy this but still a hum from the amp (not through speakers).  Very dissapointed.  No choice but to return to dealer unless anyone has any other suggestions.

I will go back to listening to my YBA and never go near Macintosh again.

What a waste of time.
I bought a Prima Luna Prologue integrated which made hum I could hear 12 feet away thru my speakers. Sold at a $600 loss. Seems like your problem is only with your A/C. Either call an electrician and check out your power, call McIntosh for advise or bring it back.