Lampizator evolution

3-4 years  ago, Lampizator DACs were all the rage and consumed a lot of space on this forum. Not so much today. What has happened?
The company now offers the Amber II model for just under $2;000. Did this DAC benefit from trickle down technology and become a great sounding, reasonably priced DAC?  Have any Lampi owners compared its sound to the earlier generations of Lampizator? Is the Amber II a no-brained purchase for someone (like me) wanting a killer DAC at a very reasonable price?
rockyboy
I will do a double check on the fuse size and get back to you this evening.  Fred also told me he wasn't real crazy about Synergistic Research fuses in the Lampi gear but after talking to the folks at the Cable Company I decided to try the BLUE.  They told me it was something much better than anything SR had produced before.  So far I really like it.  I think a lot of this will be system dependent.  I am using an integrated tube amp to mate with the Amber II and I didn't want to get too soupy sounding.  I wanted a mix of the beautiful tube magic but yet with the detail, solid lower end, presence and great vocals.  As of today I feel like I am getting these attributes.  

Depending on your system I would consider the Audio Magic Beeswax fuse. 
My pre is tubed and monoblocks are solid state. Fred is familiar wth my gear and in fact owns gear from both designers/builders. I will look at both the Audio Magic and SR Blue. But will likely go with Fred’s recommendation.  
Assuming Fred told you to experiment with fuse direction. He found that it made a difference.