Naim and Elac Adante, Wow

The new Elac Adantes are creating a lot of buzz both good and bad.

We were mixed on the speakers initially as certain sonic aspects were fantastic while others were less then satisfactory.

The Adante AS 61 has a relatively low sensitivity so we thought 40 watts will not be enough.

Surprise the Naim Uniti Atom with Wireworld cables produced an intoxicating sound.

The Atom is warm and punchy so the combo matched perfectly.

Elac and Naim fantastic together and affordable.

3k amp which includes dac and streamer,  plus 2.5k speakers other then cables and stands this combo would make a lot of people very happy.

We would urge prospective Adante purchasers to seek out this combo these two products mesh while other combos of electronics with the Adantes may be why some people are not liking the speakers.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
128x128audiotroy
Johny we have 0 Vandy envy.

The 1c and 2Ce are great value loudspeakers that have a particular set of sonic attributes.

You have your fanboys we are allways pursuing the new and the truly innovatve brands.

I wonder if you do a patent search between Richard Vandersteen, Jack Oclee Brown, Laurece Dickie, Andrew Jones who actually has more patents.

Composite cones came out of JM labs long before Ricards balsa composite in 2007.

I will take a set of Adates over 2Ce any day. You can tone down a forward speaker much harder to add detail when your tweeter cant reproduce it.,

Neither one of these products is perfect it depends on what you subscribe to, our belief is what sounds real is good, not what sounds good is the governing idea.

Go sit in front of a Wedding band with a horn section does it sound melodic or aggressive?

Our pursuit is the absolute sound, play a live drum record on both speakers and se see which set sounds the most real?

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ

Hi audiotroy

I am sorry to add to this thread drift, but your comments about Vandersteen strike me as being rooted in old stereotypes.

What struck me was your comment about live horses and drums...I come at this hobby with a fair amount of live music experience, both as a performer (sax and drums) and observer.  What I take from your comments is that you think modern Vandies sound rolled off and lack detail--i.e., not "real."  I genuinely disagree with that.  I have heard the whole line (disclaimer:  I own a pair of 3A Sigs) with all manner of music, and I can't see how *that* is the criticism you would come away with.  If your criticism was a narrow vertical sweet spot, I'd give you that one.  

Anyway, you seem to be set on the favorites in your store, but if you get a chance to hear a nice set up with modern Vandies, I'd urge you to take an listen and see if you think that criticism still holds.  I'd be interested to know the details (no pun intended).

Happy listening!
Cedargrover, the most popular Vandy 1c and 2Ce are still old designs with hardly state of the art drivers, an alloy tweeter and a polycone midrange.

They would hardly be called transparent speakers, they fall into the "musical" camp, so do Harbeth. We don’t sell nor do we want to sell either brand.

If you read any of our posts you would see that we respect Vandersteen to our ears, and by the way to many others they are quite colored sounding which makes Vandy speakers great if you like that type of sound.

Why don’t you listen to a pair of $14k Quattro’s and then come to our shop and we can show you a set of Legacy’s Signatures for $7k, with a similar sound. ie warm and big sounding.

Yet the Legacy’s are 95db efficient with bass down to 22hz and the Legacy will play louder to boot at half the price.

We can also show you a set of Legacy Focus Se with a Wavelet total package about $16k just add an amp as you get a preamp/dac/room correction processor. This combo challenges a set of 5C.

If you read almost every review of even the 5C or the Quattros most people who love them fall into the same camp they are the "musical" uber alles camp, they are not wining over the peole who prefer a less colored sound.

Never have I heard a reivewer with JM Labs or Rockports or Magicos trading them in for Vandy.

Vandy’s biggest claim to fame the carbon balsa cone is hardly a new idea as JM Labs was making composite cones for years.

Please enjoy what you like, please don’t tell me that Vandersteen builds speakers in the class of TAD or Magico or Rockport, YG or Kef.
Other than the 7 which is a good speaker not worth $70k but a good well designed speaker I would never consider owning any of the other models.

Go back to drinking your coolaid, Richard has no formal training as a loudspeaker designer, the video interview was hysterical, he blew out his midrange and alligator clipped a midrange driver to the top of the cabinet and found it sounded better.

Their one patent for the balsa cone included Mike Latvis as co inventor so what exactly did Richard invent?

Jack Oclee Brown, is a trained engineer.

So is Lawrence Dickie look at this list of patents

Our Patents

VIVID AUDIO and the VIVID AUDIO logo device are registered trademarks.
Patents pending on domed driver D26
Patents pending on D50
Patents pending on C125 bass-mid driver
Patents pending on C175 bass-mid driver
Patents pending on C225 bass-mid driver
Patents pending on compliantly mounted reaction cancelling drivers
Patents pending on reaction cancelling ports
Cabinet shape and construction techniques are registered designs

As per Andrew Jones technical experience:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/geoffreymorrison/2014/03/15/12-questions-for-andrew-jones-director-of-s...

True innovation is not making a new way to build a composite diaphram, but really coming out with really new ideas.

And yes Cedargrover we have heard all the newest Vandy model at shows and at other dealers as well as some of Johnneys clients homes.

Another bone of contention is your idea that Musicians who play live music are a good judge, many, many, musicians have tremendous hearing damage.

This is not a personal attack on your or what you believe or perceive.

All products have a house sound, every Andrew Jones speaker strives for speed, and accuracy all except for the cheapie Pioneer line.

If you value these things you will love speakers that fit in this model. if you are in the romantic, warm or musical camp you will love Harbeth, Devore, Vandy, and a ton or other speakers that fit this type of sound.

Happy Listening!

Dave and Troy

Audio Doctor NJ

Ha, first of all, in my post "live horses" should have said live *horns*.  Autocorrect can get the better of us all from time to time; at least that one was pretty funny.

Anyway, I will go back to enjoying my Vandies with a tall glass of delicious "coolaid"!!!  
Post removed