Nad M3 non repairable

Hi, dumb question , my Nad M3 has a blown power board, and parts are unavailable and the shop says it's not worth fixing. The case is beautiful and I hate to throw it away. What else could I do with it besides make a lamp?
128x128tunaman
@tunaman,

send a pic of the M5 lamp when you have finished it!
😂😇
Been telling folks for 40 years , NAD =Not always reliable .
It’s just a marketing firm , the factory that made it in China may well be out of business etc .
I love the ton of "factory refurbished " on here , did they send it back to China ?
For whatever reason their CD players are quite good though .
Perhaps a long relationship with one factory .
@schubert , "NAD =Not always reliable"

That sounds better than the tech at the shop I worked back in the 90s who said my NAD 2600 stood for "Nearly Always Defective".

After taking the journey I have, my feeling is that an old style tube amplifiers and preamplifiers represent the safest investment when it comes to electronics.  They provide fulfilling sound, and you can readily repair them with easily obtained parts.  For me, solid state amplification and digital looks like the opposite end of the spectrum.  Especially, once you reach the boutique level.  Not to pick on any manufacturer in particular, but I don't see safety or value in proprietary and complex electronics from tiny organizations carrying 4 digit price tags.

Beyond this, I've crossed my fingers in regard to the flurry of bills making the rounds in some state houses that deal with requiring electronics manufacturers to make available proper, meaningful, and complete repair documentation.  It's a far different world than when the SAMS PhotoFact guides were ubiquitous