Speaker cables for Focal Electra 1008be and Hegel combination. Supra Ply 3.4/S?

Hi everyone,

I recently got a pair of Focal Electra 1008be. I will probably get an Hegel H160 or H360.

I currently have QED silver anniversary XT cables. I was thinking of replacing them with something better. I did some research, i was considering purchasing Supra Ply 3.4/S cables. Would you recommend pairing Supra Ply 3.4/S with Focal and Hegel ? Or maybe some other cable brand/model would be better ?

Somewhat budget friendly recommendations would be awesome. :D Thanks!
denizpiri
While I do not have experience with the Focal's or the Hegel, I do recommend and use Supra Ply speaker cables. I do prefer the 3.4 over the 3.4/S (shielded) as I found them a bit more revealing..
Any Transparent cable will give you a far more musical portrayal of your favorite material.  I have the Kanta No.2’s and they came alive when I received my Transparent Ultra Gen 5 cables:). They will make you re-think what is possible in home audio reproduction!
For cabeling I would try these very reasonably priced.

https://www.dysonaudio.com/collections/audiophile-speaker-cables

As for amplification I would jump on this from experience those Focals sound magnificent when driven with Pass class A power. No Affiliation with the seller of the Pass Labs amp.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis8f63d-pass-labs-int-60-excellent-with-box-solid-state

Chuck
@czbbcl I would like to get a class A amp. However, one of the uses cases will be using the amp with AVR's pre out for watching movies. So, looking for a integrated amp with ht bypass feature. Even if Class A would have that feature, or i can get a Preamp with that feature and use class a power amp such as Pass Int60. Then my main worry will be all the wasted energy and generated heat.

Heavily leaning towards Hegel H360 right now. Got it for home demo. Will try it until saturday and swap it with something else on Saturday.

I will be checking the dyson audio speakers. Afraid of the silver coated cables, read that it brightens the sound, Focals are quite bright already, Hegel tames it a bit. But price wise, it sounds very reasonable.
Yes the Focals can sound bright or etched depending on the amplification being used and is why I recommended using a Pass ss class A amp with them. I currently drive a pair of 1008Be's with Pass xa100.5 mono-blocs and a Pass xp20 pre. This was an upgrade from a Pass INT 30A both amps sound very smooth and detailed. The amp before the Pass was a Cary SLI-80 Tube Interated it sound very nice as well not bright or etched. The Pass INT30A was superior in the way it drove the speakers all across the audio spectrum.
I use all Silver cabling both Interconects and speaker and do not find silver harsh or etched. When I used a ss A/B design I always found I was looking for ways to tame the tweeters as they were too bright. 

Chuck