Lampizator evolution

3-4 years  ago, Lampizator DACs were all the rage and consumed a lot of space on this forum. Not so much today. What has happened?
The company now offers the Amber II model for just under $2;000. Did this DAC benefit from trickle down technology and become a great sounding, reasonably priced DAC?  Have any Lampi owners compared its sound to the earlier generations of Lampizator? Is the Amber II a no-brained purchase for someone (like me) wanting a killer DAC at a very reasonable price?
rockyboy
Hi Thankful Please educate me. I’m assuming the super clocks were an add-on. Are they supposed to reduce jitter?  Is a person able to hear the difference?  To get the “tubes rectified “, was that also an additional cost?  What does that add-on do?  If/when I order my Amber II I am open to any affordable add-ons that improve sound quality. Do you recall what those 2 add-ons cost?

rockyboy,

The tube rectification and super clocks are add-ons.  When I first purchased the Lampizator I only ordered the tube rectification (based on Fred's recommendation).  Fred also recommended the super clocks but at the time I was not able to afford them.  I recently just had the super clocks installed and I am glad I did.  The Amber II is very musical which is my number one objective with components.  In regards to jitter I believe that is the goal of the clocks...

it is an Amber II with tube rectification....lucked out getting it used at a very good price from TMR ( The Music Room ) right here on Audiogon

I did not buy it to replace the Pandora which I have owned some 7 years now including sending it back to factory for the upgrade, i will most like eventually have them also do the Eclipse modification.

bought it for a 2 nd system
Thinking one or both of your DACs are feeling ignored. You should probably sell one.  :  )
ha....
maybe
but carting a dac 1,000 miles between systems just seems like a PITA
and the crux of the problem is system #1 is a killer, so #2 has to sound good, hence the Lampizator

just order a new one