mcintosh home theater pre-amp tuners.

I have a McIntosh mx132 home theater pre-amp tuner. it's list price was 7k. I see on ebay that many of these, mx130, mx135 and so on doesn't retain their value. is there a reason for this and where doe's mine stand?
128x128g_nakamoto
i am not an audiofile. i'm 65 and bought my first system back in the 4 chanell days which i used all the time from then till 1990 then i took a 10 years vacation from my equipment. in 2000  i did buy a 2205 amp till 2011. then my son gave me his 602 which he bought from audio classics. at that time i used my marantz 4300 as a pre amp tuner. it was always noisy so that's when i bought the mx132. i only use my stereo only once a week. so i'm not really an audiofile!
You do not have to be an audiophile to appreciate good equipment. The MX132 is a huge upgrade from a Marantz 4300 either the 4300 surround receiver, or the classic quad receiver. The gear you have now is better than 99.99% of the systems people listen to music on these days, think a cell phone and ear buds.
hlg3, i did'nt say that my 4 speakers are 4 bose 901 series 2 speakers. i used to visit a mcintosh dealer to look at there products . he told me that he never heard of a mcintosh amp powering these speakers.
G_Nakamoto, 
take comfort that your MX-132 is a better 2-channel pre-amp than most. As stated earlier use the analog mode and it's essentially a stereo Mc preamp. 

If you love music and what it makes you feel than you really are an audiophile. It's not about who has the fattest wallet. The gear talk on this forum is mostly online dick-measuring, and members love to crap on Mcintosh.
Be sure to check out audiokarma dot com for more  Mcintosh info.

Post removed