TECHNICS 100th Anniversary 2018 Premium Turntables. Their best ever.

I discovered this morning that Technics announced at CES the about to be released later this year their premium Special edition 100th Anniversary Turntables. Head and shoulder's above the SL-1200G and SL-1200GR. The two new models are the SP-10R, which has an outboard power supply with no tonearm and will retail for $10K. Panasonic claims the SP-10R has the highest S/N ratio in the world against any belt drive or direct drive tables on the market. 
The other model is the all in one unit including tonearm, the SL-1000R which will retail for $20K. Only one word comes to mind looking at the pics this morning of the SL-1000R, DROOL! They upgraded and improved the coreless motor thats in the SL-1200G and SL-1200GR models. SME and SOTA, eat your heart's out!
audiozen
 randyk-Thanks for checking. Went on the puresound website and checked out the STST. Not the one. The table I saw had a minimalist clover shaped wood plinth.  
Back in 1990 I put a Denon DP-59L table on layaway for thirty days. Just bought a Carver system at the time. Sound City in New Jersey was discounting them since they were going out of production. The table was even quiter than the Technics tables at the time. The Denon had a S/N of -82 db's. Three weeks later I went to purchase and Sound City sold the last unit and refunded my deposit. Should have gone elsewhere due to Sound City's reputation. This was during the golden days of Denon. Their best years were through the mid-eighties through the late nineties. They have always been neck and neck with Sony and Technics. And don't forget Denon built the world's first CD player in 1980, a pro model for studio's in Japan. Sony came out with the CDP-101 in late 1982. 
Moonglum, I believe the YouTube video of vocals shows the Caliburn to flesh out the song more than the Technics 1200G.
Mmakshak, I agree completely. ;)

The essence of a good performance IMO is to get the sense of a living, breathing person behind the microphone not just a collection of notes & sounds. Not to mention a soundscape that features the necessary dynamics.
I think I’ve said as much elsewhere but not in this many words ;)

With the Law of Diminishing Returns being so starkly emphasized few will be willing or able to embrace the difference.
Ortofon 2M Black. Since I'm moving ahead putting together my final system, including the SL-1200 GR, I have my heart set on the 2M black and was curious if any Technics owners using the newer G or GR are using the cartridges from the 2M series. I watched and listened to a couple of nights ago on Youtube through my Altec Lansing processor and my KOSS headphones of Michael Fremers' (as mmakshak mentions above in his post) test between the Caliburn, $146K, Phew! and the SL-1200G. Even though the spectral frequency plots looked slightly better on the charts from the Caliburn which has slightly more opened detail, the Sl-1200G sounded fuller in the midrange and more relaxed. No wonder post on this thread mentioned the new Technics models have belt drive companies very nervous, probably to the point where their wearing adult diapers to catch sudden discharges from panic attacks. I just may change at the last minute and go for the G. There are complaints online that the Technics units are priced to high. Baloney! For what the G does after hearing the table, at $4K its a steal. Goodbye belt drive.