Speaker Jumpers - Same Brand as Speaker Cables?

My speakers are best bi-wired. I currently have bi-wire speaker cables, but am considering buying very high-priced and probably better speaker cables that are single wire. The manufacturer of the new cables sells jumpers, but they are very expensive and not available used. Do I run an audible risk if I use jumpers from another manufacturer, or should I be "in for a penny, in for a pound" and bite the bullet? Thanks for the advice.
nglazer
@nonoise .
Aren't you concerned about shorting the wires if they touch something metallic between the two posts?
B
Neal, as with any other audio related question, ask 10 different audiophiles a question, and you will get 11 different answers. ;^)

For my $0.02, I will say that overall, I have had more success with higher quality single run of speaker cable with a quality jumper than I have had with two runs of a lower quality cable.
As for the jumpers, working with the same brand may not require any thinking, but I have also had success using two different companies also.
I try to stay with companies that have a similar tonal balance.

For instance, at this time I own a pair of Silent Source The Music Reference with matching jumpers. I also own a pair of Purist Audio Proteus Provectus speaker cables, and I am using a pair of Elrod Gold Statement jumpers.

I change these cables around when I want to shake things up a bit.
The Silent Source are very transparent and resolving, while still sounding musical. The PAD and the Elrod are both fuller, richer sounding cables.
I did try the SS jumpers with the PAD cables, but I preferred the Elrod jumpers with the PAD.
I have owned PAD jumpers previously, and while I like them, again, I like the Elrod better. In fact, I like the Elrod so much that I have been looking for some used Elrod speaker cables at a reasonable price.

To make a long story short (too late), I prefer higher quality single wire with jumpers over lower quality bi-wire. However, that is only MY opinion.

I'm sure that many will offer many other opinions that may be very different from my own. The great thing about this hobby is no one is right, and no one is wrong. There is no one single path to audio nirvana.

Good luck!

Cheers,
John
@gdnrbob,
There's nothing between the lower and upper post except a small ridge that's part of the plastic encasement they reside in. Positive on one side, negative on the other. I checked out the eye of the post for the terminal and fortunately, it runs straight up so it's a straight shot from the bottom one to the top one, except for the slight ridge in between.

I haven't checked all of them but even if one is not truly straight up, it would be no more difficult than bending the wire some around the post, giving it more contact area, and then affixing it to the upper post.

All the best,
Nonoise
I use AQ bare jumpers:  https://www.amazon.com/SET-4-GOLD-BIWIRE-JUMPERS/dp/B005A5Z758/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1519352772...

They also come silver plated.  More expensive jumpers offer fancy insulation material, while bare jumpers (if you can use them) offer the best insulation available: air

I did an A-B swap-in / swap-out bake off between biwired vs single runs and matched jumpers with NORDOST FREY speaker cables in MY system ( emphasis added ))

The clear winner for me was a stepped up variant of the single cable option: a full doubled up shotgunned loom of FREYs with matched shotgunned FREY jumpers. It mirrored the NORDOST commentary below vis-a-vis the  key point already highlighted,  in that high quality single runs with high quality jumpers will invariably best cheap quality bi-wires.

http://www.nordost.com/downloads/NorseJumperinstructions.pdf

There is no onesize fits all approach .... full stop. The only way to know is to actually do an A-B shootout.

I would not buy any uber- expensive cables (bi wires or changing to single & jumpers ) until I satisfied myself that which option is the best option forward FIRST.