Why no love for Integra's?

The new Integra DTC-9.8 looks very good on paper. However, you rarely see the Integra brand mentioned on the various forums.

Any of you have experience with this line. I'm considering selling my Arcam AVP-700 and going with this pre, primarily because of the Room EQ that might help in my set-up. However, my Arcam is also very good with two channel audio and I'm worried the Integra might not be so good.

Thoughts?

Thanks
jack_dotson
Only observation here, but the first poster to respond noted an Apogee DAC as a characteristic of the higher end Integra Pro line of processors... the Apogee happens to be a clock, not a DAC. And the DACs in that particular unit were Wolfsons.

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. Some are more or less based upon fact.

My simple advice is that you should actually listen to any prospective "Apogee DAC" before you rely upon wholly unqualified advice and lay your money down, Jack.
Thanks so much for the responses and advise. Of course I would always prefer to listen for myself, but it's very difficult in my town so I often rely on those who might have hands on experience.

I realize some make comments without having ever heard the products, but it's usually pretty easy to tell. I just wanted to see if some folks had experience with this line in general; especially those who might actually own and use them.

I'm just kicking the tires at this point and will have to think long and hard before parting with my Arcam. I also just picked up a set of Cornwall II's and will be putting together a 2nd two channel rig, so it will probably be awhile before I make this move.

I would still like to hear comments on this line though.
Apogee doesn't make DACs ?

What's this ?

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/da16x.php

Apogee makes a range of DACs that are widely used and highly regarded in pro-audio. They also make clock sync. products.
"Like Njs says, people love to express their opinions but often they aren't based on any actual experience."(regalma1)

Yeah, this is VERY MUCH TRUE of audio indeed!
I remember a quote from some multi-millionare guy I read once, which was "The crowd is ALWAYS wrong!" Guess this explains why one well known audio company, that starts with a "B" has been the most successful of all time in selling speakers and stuff! Oh wait! On second thought, THAT MUST BE IT!--Just sell the masses some cruddy sounding hi-fi gear, and advertise
the bejesus out of it in Mothers day Magazine, and Better Homes and Gardens, AND YOU CAN'T LOSE!!!!!!!! What a concept
Jack,

We hear ya. No idea why, you are correct, Integra is basically Onkyo Elite gear. We've just pulled the Integra receiver that we used for 3 years and we're just blown away at the lack of interest in Integra gear. That's our DPC 8.5 up there which is still an in production available CD/DVD/SACD...unit. Honestly, it had alot to do with us deciding NOT to go with the new Integra Pre/Pro. We have tastes that change occasionally and we aren't interested in gear that we've paid good money for that is still in Tip Top working condition that we can't re-sell.