Belles Virtuoso or PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP

Hello and good day all. First time post here. I’m in the market for a new integrated. My source is a Oppo UDP 205, speakers are from a company called Funk ( 6.1P). I’m torn between trying tubes for the first time, or sticking to SS. I’ve read good reviews about both companies, I’m just having trouble making up my mind. Any suggestions?
128x128jtweed
@facten the only problem I see with LM, I can only source it from one dealer out of Montreal. The PL I can get locally,(dealer in town), and the Belles I have to order aswell (being offered a sweet deal out of Toronto). The Belles can be serviced in Vancouver if need be (3 hrs away). I’m leaning towards the PL, HOWEVER, something tells me to wait for the Belles. I’m not sure why, I HAVE TO HEAR THE BELLES..... I’m planning on adding a pair of either Funk Audio subs, or, a pair of REL’s.... just like everyone here, my wife thinks I’m crazy.... I’m still looking for other possibilities. This hobby is going to be the death of me.....
@msommers that I did not know. You are obviously from Canada aswell. I lived in Victoria for almost 20 years. I will have to give them a call. I would really like to pack up my FUNK’s, and go on a little road trip....

I’m not sure why, I HAVE TO HEAR THE BELLES.....

jtweed:

As a music-loving audiophile and fellow Canadian, I understand your position and the choice (solid state vs. tubes) you are trying to make.  I have also been reading whatever I can on the upcoming Belles Virtuoso integrated.  Unfortunately, the price will be too rich for my blood, especially in Canadian dollars.  Are you able to share any information about the Toronto dealer who can offer you a good price?

I previously owned a Belles integrated and really loved it.  Stupidly, I sold it in my quest for more power, only to realize later that watts aren't everything.  I still miss the sweet sound it produced; it was one of the best solid state pieces I ever owned over the course of 40 years of listening to stuff.

@recroom that’s what I was waiting to hear about the Belles product. I did some digging, and have found out that the new Virtuoso is going be the best piece David Belles has ever done, integrated/stereo/mono’s.... he’s apparently been obsessed with ‘putting it together right’. It was the suggestion of a long time friend of his to even put meters on. It will be true dual mono, great pre section, balanced in, unreal vol. control, doubles down perfectly from 200w-400w, and a full featured QUALITY remote. There are some other things I was asked not to mention..... yet...... I was also asked not to divulge my source.... I’m going to buy it, AND, either the LM, or the PL, and do a head to head, tube vs SS..... I will make my decision then..... the only way to truly know, is in my listening room, with my gear... when this guy gives me the go ahead, I will share more.
J.