Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
I agree with Terry, Whart and Slaw

I’ve been pretty amazed at the difference in cleaning using the US approach. All of my records would have been cleaned at one time or another with a Nitty Gritty vacuum record cleaner and until the popularity of US cleaning vacuum cleaning was probably regarded as state of the art.

But there is no question that using a US method I’m getting my records cleaner and they sound better. If you do a broad web search on ultrasonic record cleaning you’ll get a lot of hits from people who feel the same.

As stated previously, my system is good, but not SOTA and there is no doubt that I’m hearing improvements. And as also stated, US can’t fix a record, but it can certainly get it clean and improve the sound quality.

I’m evolving my cleaning efforts based on feedback in this thread and I think the results continue to improve.

I’m a big fan of US cleaning and it also makes sense to me that the combination of US cleaning along with vacuum cleaning is also a winner, and so I vacuum after I clean, but I have no empirical data to back the claim that it is an improvement. But minimally the vacuuming also dries the records much quicker which I like quite a bit.

I'll be making some additional mods to my cleaning efforts over the next week or two and will add more info then.

Good luck
A little late to the party, but here I am.  My DIY kit came from Amazon today.  I'm a believer.
In case anyone is interested...here is a list of the parts I ended up with for my filtering system:

(1) Bayliite model BYT-7A102 RV water pump from Amazon, rated at 12V, 3A,1GMP
(2) Hotor DC converter, Input 100-240V/50-60Hz, Output 12V DC +/- 1V, Max Amp 10A. ( From what I’ve read, I went with this higher rated output model because from other users’ experience across the board, sometimes these products are mislabeled at a higher output than the actual output). (Amazon)
(3) Roadpro 12V plug, (Amazon) This was not necessary but I thought a conveinience that has since proven to me to be just that. It’s just a simple plug adapter like one would use in their auto to run a 12 V device. One caveat...it comes with a 2Amp fuse, this isn’t enough, I bought a 10Amp fuse. Careful though, as it has to be 6mm x 30mm or it will not work. The benefit is, I use it to disconnect/connect power while I’m cleaning without stressing the two wire connectors. This may be just something I find useful.
(4) The Baylite pump has 3/8" NPT barbs, So in spite of the fact I bought the filter housing with 1/4" barbs, I bought 1/4" to 3/8" adapters (brass) for my fittings.
Then of coarse you use teflon tape on all of your fittings. This all matches the input/output of the pump and makes life easier in that one has to buy just one size of hose.

Enjoy!
alf, doing a cost comparison between a US system VS replacing your bad records assumes you will then stop buying LPs.  In addition to all the reasons posted here, it sounds like you may continue shopping for records in bargain bins, so a US will soon put you ahead cost wise.

terry9, how could you judge the sonics of a record if it was sealed? ;^)  (Just pulling your chain, I expect you meant previously sealed.)