Shipping out of country.

Has anyone shipped out of the country and had good luck?  I have a possible
buyer (Brazil) for my power cord and wonder what steps I have to take?  Is it worth it and typically what are the costs and best shipper to use? Thanks in advance. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xsamzx12
I have used either FEDEX or DHL or USPS to ship outside of the country. Costs vary widely. The issue of import duty is not trivial. Once when returning an item to a manufacturer for repair, I had to pay for import duty - even though I stated in the shipping documents that it was made in that country and that it would be shipped back to me afterwards.
I've had nothing but success using USPS, insurred and make sure there's a tracking number.
I have shipped expensive gear to Vietnam, Norway and Germany without any problem. Also bought speakers from Singapore with delivery to my house in the U.S. in four days. 
As always, whether in the U.S. or elsewhere, know the seller or the buyer through their feedback or through direct contact. It's a big world.
OK thanks guys. The buyer does NOT have any feedback here on Agon.  As long as I get my money and I don't have to jump through hoops at the USPS it should be ok but not having feedback bothers me a little.