Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
@slaw 

Question on cleaning schedule.
How often do you do a full deep clean on an album?
Just once when its in your ownership or have you found the need to repeat?
I have the Klaudio machine. It's outstanding ... convenient, very easy to use, one-step process. It's not the budget solution, though.
@cleeds 
I was looking at the KLaudio but as you say a LOT of money indeed.
I have an el cheapo unit made by GrooveClean bought of eBay, it does its job but it has limitations and I am sure the KLaudio gets the job done better.
Looks like it is very well made
@slaw @terry9
I think one of the values of terry’s input is the number of records you can effectively clean in one batch. There is a temptation to stack a bunch of records on a skewer and clean a lot at the same time. As someone upthread pointed out, bbftx started that monster thread on diyaudio that led to a lot of experimentation and was the starting point for Rush Paul’s seminal piece. bbftx did a similar computation, and noted that the upright 12" LPs act like baffles that block the bubbles, so you need some calculation for size of bath, power and frequency of transducers and spacing and number of LPs to optimize cleaning.
The science is a necessary part of it-- I’m not a scientist, but I can grok it with some research and help. I guess my point is not to dismiss the science as offputting- most of the hard core DIY’ers are pretty proficient people, but I think the DIY ultrasonic trend has reached beyond that hard core group to "regular" audiophiles. Thus, the anecodotal, the practical, and the scientific all have their place in the process.
Here’s to clean, quiet LPs!
Thumbs up...

I am using since 6 years the Gläss Vinyl Cleaner

http://www.audiodesksysteme.de/en/vinyl-cleaner-pro

and I am still haven´t seen a better machine for this kind
of work!