Has Anyone Auditioned an LKS MH-DA004 DAC?

Seems like a lot of DAC for the money.  ($1450-$1600)
melm
I would sell the Onkyo and buy a used Oppo 103. They're selling cheap ($2-300) on eBay.  Then you can do everything you want (and much more) for a very reasonable price. And you can operate it all from your phone too.
Iv ordered an 004, and coming from a chord Dave I'm very excited,  other Dave v 004 posts have said very close,  with the win for the Dave, just,  (so it should) 
but of course this new  chi-fi improvement will never catch on with the brand name purists,
  I'm glad I sold my Dave at a good price.  these Chinese dacs are a no brainer , especially the Denafrips terminator, which is my next order to a/b test. 
My friend owns a msb select with a 33clock and dual power supply,  so will be doing some  serious  testing in the coming future 😀
"Jib222,
How did your LKS MH-DA 004 DAC modification turn out?"

Funny, but I think we’ll never know. This question has been asked since this old thread began. Something seems to have happened to Jib222’s DAC at, or on its way to or from Ric. The last news is that it had to be returned to the factory. Strange because, though I’ve read virtually everything that’s been written about this DAC on the ’net (and in several languages), I have never read about a unit that came from the factory that hasn’t work perfectly. Quality control seems to be exemplary. (There was one case where the optional Amanero board was replaced immediately upon a complaint.)

Also, as for how the modification might turn out, the only two persons who have written about having their unit modified by Ric each have had their DAC directly shipped to him. So a before and after "How did it turn out?" may never be written. Ric’s modifications to this DAC seem to be less extensive than those he does on the Oppo. On the Oppos he replaces the entire analog output section with a new discrete one. Not necessary on the LKS that features 8 JFETs and associated components.

Post removed