Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
@whart

Nothing you so elliquently stated is lost on me. I've always appreciated your thoughtful posts and your mission here.

I guess I assume that others will automatically remember all of my past posts regarding my regimen that includes (a pre-steam)...VERY IMPORTANT, to me, at least.

I have no doubt that a cleaning agent of some sort will be a positive improvement.

My posts recently have been focused on my transition from the AD cleaner w/ their fluid to the Rushton DIY w/ just distilled water.

I hope this will come through in a way that will draw others in to the US cleaning method and that it is low cost and better performing and when ready, the owner can try cleaning methods to their own personal way.

Cheers!

I note that lwal questioned wavelength. The calculation is easy, from the physics formula V=fl (velocity = frequency x wavelength). Since the speed of sound is 5000 feet / second in water (60,000 inches per second), the equation is
       60,000 = 40,000 x l
from which it is trivial to solve for l.

l = wavelength = 60,000 inches per second   /  40,000 cycles per second
  = 1.5 inches / cycle

Note that the units match what we want to calculate, as they must if the formula has been used correctly.

For surfactant I use a lab grade detergent, Versaclean from Fisher Scientific.

Wow!

This is, while it may be interesting to the scientists among us, IS what I was trying to evade...we..need to draw others in................

This kind of talk just makes for a harder sale!

I have owned a Loricraft PRC4(8yrs ago) and clearaudio double matrix(6yrs ago) among others. I have been considering a new RCM purchase for some time. I strongly considered the KLAUDIO, Audio Desk and ultrasonic. I read a lot of reviews and opinions but in the end I bought the clearaudio double matrix Pro sonic. I am thrilled that I did. Automatic, Quiet and really really cleans well. It is so quiet, easy to use and good looking, it earned a spot on my rack next to my tt. I now clean often. My vinyl was/is quiet. The difference is I no longer have concerns of damaging my cart or vinyl. It’s built quality is superb. It may be the most attractive component on my rack. It makes me want to clean and that’s saying something!
@slaw thanks for the clarification - I actually had no idea what you were driving at.  I have not read your posts about your cleaning regimen but I'll take a look. This thread has inspired me to rethink using the Audio Desk as the ONLY part of the process.