Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
..just not sure how much the "surface tension " aspect matters while the lp is under water, where the actual cleaning takes place?
Thumbs up on this - I've been using the Audio Desk Pro myself and I swear by it. It's easy to underestimate the value of convenience IMO. I'm always happy to spend time fooling around with a new toy, but what about a year later? The fact that I can press a button and come back to a sparkling clean record with the Glass cleaner is no small thing. It means I can realistically keep LPs clean and preserve expensive styli over the long term. 

Two caveats though - the expense really is crazy with the high-end cleaners like the Glass and KL. I lucked out on a used model but I can see why many users would opt for having more fuss and less money spent on something DIY.  

Also - and this may sound heretical - but I'm not convinced that ultrasonic is necessarily better than a vacuum cleaner with a top notch fluid. I use Audio Intelligent fluid with a VPI cleaner as a backup or for 10" LPs etc. I have to say the effects of the Audio Intelligent fluid stop me in my tracks more often than the ultrasonic. I haven't done a back to back test so I don't have anything more than anecdotal evidence. but still. 
Despite being submerged, vinyl rejects pure water. Particularly deep in the grooves.  Hence the Library of Congress reccommending surfactant in record cleaning formulas. 
And lots of audiophiles getting good results with a wee bit of Photoflo in the US baths.
does lead to a need for rinsing, but that’s advisable anyway. 
@lwal22

Thanks! Something more to look forward to! As I was hoping for... yummm!

@jollytinker,

You obviously haven’t listened to the options that are readily available to you.?