Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
Your ultrasonic cleaner arrived TODAY?  And you're already convinced?  Or maybe I'm a "winer".

Hi Phil,

Which model did you get? How many records can you clean at one time? Did you get the dryer option? How many records have you cleaned, so far?

Enquiring minds want to know.......
@lewm

In my experience, the positive effects are clear and easily heard.

Come on over....there's plenty of room in the fold.
Good choice! I completely agree with your conclusions. May I make the following suggestions, based on my experience?

1.  Make sure that there is enough space for the ultrasonic wave to develop. That means spacing between the tank and the record, and record to record, must exceed 1.5 inches at all points, even when records are warped (assumes a 40KHz machine operating at full frequency spec).
2.  Keep your cleaning chemistry between 40 and 50 C.
3.  Finish by rinsing off the cleaning chemistry.

When I failed to do one or more of the above, records came out looking clean, but further cleaning revealed that much more gunk had been left behind. Had to re-clean 2000 records, which I do not recommend.

Enjoy!