Thumbs up for ultrasonic record cleaning

My Cleaner Vinyl ultrasonic record cleaner arrived today and it’s impressive.

Everything I’d read indicated that ultrasonic was the way to go, and now I count myself among the believers. Everything is better - records are quieter, less ticks and pops, more detail etc.

All my records had been previously cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner and were well cared for. Nonetheless, the difference is obvious and overwhelmingly positive.

Phil
phil0618
Absolutely agreed. Once you've cleaned an LP with an ultrasonic cleaner, you realize no other method even comes close.
Phil - Thanks for this post - finally a cleaning system that looks like it's a winer!

I've looked at the brush/fluid/vacuum varieties and read countless reviews and still could not decide.

After seeing this video - I was sold!
http://www.soundmattersblog.com/ultrasonic-cleaning-vinyl-records/

If ultrasonics can remove graphite from a ceramic ring (granted the tank is industrial) - then a "personal sized" variant should be able to handle some groove crud.

I got some pressing from the 50's and 60's that should spring back to life

SOLD! - I'm gonna get me one :-)

Cheers - Steve
Your ultrasonic cleaner arrived TODAY?  And you're already convinced?  Or maybe I'm a "winer".

Hi Phil,

Which model did you get? How many records can you clean at one time? Did you get the dryer option? How many records have you cleaned, so far?

Enquiring minds want to know.......