Dated but still A rated DACs

Looking to purchase a great sounding used DAC , unless I can obtain equal quality on a new one. Your thoughts?
goldenear1948
If you mean by dated...vintage....an older Muse 192 was an awesomely good sounding DAC in its day. No USB....but for redbook it was very sweet sounding. Nevertheless, a PS Audio PWD II is more impressive in every way.....and has loads of inputs. Same with the Benchmarks 2 and 3.....used Ayre QB 9 DSDs are essentially affordable now...along with the CODEX and again are much better than vintage DACs.....I remember the Musical Fidelity 192 DAC and liked it but it sounds dated compared to what was available even 3 years ago. Go new....many to choose from.
The NAD M51 is still the best sounding DAC I've heard.  You should be able to find a used one for about $1000, even less.
If you can find one, Meridian 566 was always a great sounding DAC to my ears.  Meridian has always been at the forefront of the digital domain and build quality is excellent too.  Balanced output if that’s useful.
Lite DAC-83, if you can find one used. I remember reading a while back this model being the best for CD playback. I think they also had a transport to pair with this DAC.
Hi, I would suggest the following, I have owned or own most of these:

Museatex Bidat (currently own) simply outstanding even to this day, especially if you have John Wright install the "Plus" mod.

AMR DP 777 SE (currently own) probably the best all around dac I have heard and as a poster above mentioned it is competitive and in many cases better than analog rigs up to around the $7k range. 

Metrum Hex/Octave (owned the Hex, the AMR displaced it)

Wada 9 (stunning audibly and aesthetically) extended loan some years ago as I considered its purchase

Newer unit to consider: Denafrips Terminator