Firewire immune to jitter?

I wonder if a firewire connected DAC is as problematic at rejecting jitter as a USB is and if there are reclockers available for firewire.

I currently have a MacBook pro running Audirvana+ feeding a Weiss DAC202 to it’s firewire input with satisfying sonic results. I really like the DAC202. Firewire cable is an Audiquest carbon.
But, would I be best to use the USB out of the Mac using a USB to S/PDIF converter into the rca input of the Weiss. I use to have one of those (a Wavelength I think) feeding an ARC DAC7 that could not process HR files through its USB input. I have since sold the DAC7 and gotten the Weiss.

I was also considering replacing the Mac with an Aurender N100h (Or similar) but many people are telling me that I must be prepared to spend mega bucks to better my current digital set up. 
Cost of an Aurender N100h or N100c
Cost of a new DAC (USB capable) but not necessary if using a N100c 
Cost of a reclocker (Synchromesh or similar)
Cost of USB, S/PDIF/BNC cables

I barely have enough money for an Aurender let alone all the peripherals mentioned above.

Note, I am not into MQA and DSD and will never be. If I want better sound than 16/44 or 24/96 I just put a vinyl on my $30k analog front end. 

Any thoughts much appreciated. And if the best solution is to leave everything as is then that’s cool too.

smoffatt
@smoffatt 

This is what JA of Stereophile says

“Finally, the Weiss DAC202 offers the best rejection of datastream jitter I have encountered. I have shown the spectrum of the processor's output when fed FireWire data representing 16- and 24-bit versions of the J-Test signal (fig.12). The AES/EBU and TosLink spectra are identical. With 16-bit data (cyan and magenta traces), the harmonics of the low-frequency, LSB-level squarewave were at the residual level, and were not accentuated or modified by the DAC202. With 24-bit data (blue, red), all that is visible is the central spike of the Fs/4 tone, this sharply reproduced, and with very little spectral spreading at its base. The jitter was too low for the Miller Analyzer to measure. Again: Wow!
Read more at https://www.stereophile.com/content/weiss-dac202-firewire-da-converter-measurements#DuQYUGqLYrkoyitU...

Daniel Weiss prefers FireWire as the communications protocol is less likely to induce LIM due to the way it streams data.

I think you have nothing to worry about but if you find buying more gear or extra cables will alleviate your fears then why not....

What shadorne says. It's unnecessary to purchase additional gear that's been hawked here.
Interesting read. Thanks shadorne.
In light of that, I may just replace my firewire cable for a better one. A Diamond or similar. Will look at the used market first.
 Regarding Steve’s argument about ethernet being the best connection… I have a PS audio direct stream dac, and I wonder if getting an ethernet bridge would bring it to that optimal performance? 
In synchronous S/Pdif , even when source and the DAC clocks are different DAC adjusts its clock to follow average rate of the source.  This is usually done with PLL, that often introduces its own jitter.  In properly executed asynchronous USB clocks are completely independent.  Source is sending data in frames at about 1 kHz rate while DAC places them in the buffer and sends back buffer under/overflow signal, to which source adjusts number of samples in the next frame.  With this scheme amount of jitter depends only on the quality of internal DACs clock.  I suspect that Firewire uses similar method.